Man says he turns the truck twice daily. My hats off to him

Started by just_sawing, January 27, 2014, 11:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

marcusthgault

200 tonne?????
He must have a (inappropriate language and content, Admin edited), ( that weighs about 180 tonnes ::).)
Cos I reckon he only got 20 tonne pay-load on the back 8)
Apologies to Admin
marcus
Theres nathing as wouldnay werk better fer been teighn asundry furst.

jmouton

holy  cow that was pretty good , not for me though , not that high up,  i wouldnt even do that empty or with just the truck , tooooo  scary

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

coxy

where is the 200 tons of wood think maybe they meant 20 tons 8) 8) 8) 8) nothing to it that wasn't hard at all   cause I am not driving :) made my butt pucker just watching  :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Farmerjw

Why does he have to turn completely around?  Before the video the marks show truck tracks going around the corner.  I guess I just don't understand. 
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Ianab

At a guess he drives past that turn spot, and gets the truck loaded first. That way he has some ballast to haul the trailer back onto the road. Then reverses to the turning spot, gets spun around, and backs the trailer in to get that loaded as well.

Doing that manoeuvre with an empty truck, or a full trailer might get a LOT more exciting.  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

gologit

I'd like all of our truck drivers to see that video.  Maybe they'll quit griping about the turn arounds we build for them.   All they have to do is turn around a 10 wheeler because their trailer is decked.
Semi-retired...life is good.

hardtailjohn

Yah, I'd say 20 instead of 200.  If that was me, I think I'd just grab the trailer with the loader and move it around....save a lot of wear and tear and monkey motion....but it wouldn't be as dramatic, I guess?
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Ianab

Yeah, locally they would arrive with the trailer piggybacked on the truck anyway. Loader at the landing would lift it off, then it's easy enough to turn the truck around and connect the trailer. Load and move out.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Satamax

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

coxy

it looks like the truck has chains on it and around the 4min time the trailer looks like it has the fat tires on it at around the 4 min time (the driver side) and chains on one set of tires on the trailer      but pretty neat video all in all    it would not be me in the seat of that truck chains or not  ;D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!