iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1400 axles

Started by timberjack 450, January 26, 2014, 06:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack 450

My 05 648 is getting delivered tomorrow and the dealer said it has 1400 axles. Are they a good axle? Also It is direct drive and has 2 pedals along with the throttle. I assume one pedal is some sort of a clutch ( for a lack of better words) and the other is the brake. Any advice would be helpful.
90 450 Timberjack, JD 650 G dozer, Hitachi 120 excavator, 2400 morbark chipper, 85 Western star log truck,and a 22-22 Blockbuster processor
Almost forgot, and a very patient woman

SliverPicker

Most guys that I know don't use the left pedal just the gear selector.  Set the tranny to start out in 1st.
Yooper by trade.

barbender

I think you have to use the clutch just when putting it in gear, you can shift without it. I've only been in JD skidders a couple of times though, so I'm not sure. Someone who operates one daily will no doubt be along shortly ;)
Too many irons in the fire

treechopper40

hi ive owned 2 john deeres and ran many of them you don't have to use the clutch at all when starting out or while you are moving just move the lever to shift the clutch is nice for decking wood or easing up to a tree to push it over or when pushing or pulling a truck you will like that tranny unless you have to rebuild it ther very pricey to work on good luck with it
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

Thank You Sponsors!