iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skyline systems

Started by dgdrls, January 26, 2014, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

Are any East Coast members running skyline systems?

If so what system and how is it working for you?
Curiosity has me asking,

Thanks
DGDrls

Ed_K

I don't know of anybody around my area doing high line,but Tajfun is going to be selling a unit, soon as the dealer here get trained on the machine.The price is heavy at approximatly 60-70 k  :o .
Ed K

1270d

I've heard of one cable show somewhere in wisconsin.  It used a trackhoe with skyline and some sort of self propelled carriage.  Looked really slow compared to a real yarder, but probably a lot cheaper as well.

Mark Wentzell

One of the big chipping contractors around here supposedly have a block that needs to be done with a yarder. Not sure what they're planning on doing, whether they'll be hiring it out or renting or buying.

We ran some mock deflection lines (calculate how much the line will sag and if the hill will interfere)  last year near welsford NB.  Pretty much had to stop when we hit this 

There is definitely some topography out there.

1270d

Northern Timber Harvesting

about 10 years ago I ran into a guy in WV that had a thunderbird( I don't remember which one) I almost think he was from ohio or kentucky. I have also heard of a few others in those areas that tried it. I think they were mostly unsuccessful, unable to find experienced/skilled hands to make the show happen.

Thank You Sponsors!