iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Harvester down

Started by Ken, January 26, 2014, 08:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

Last Monday the harvester shut off.  A breaker had tripped causing the fuel shut off to shut down the machine.  We found what appeared to be a bad resistor under the ignition switch, changed it and the machine fired right up Tuesday morning.  Worked all week and then it happened again Friday afternoon.  I suspect we have a short somewhere but can't find it.  It looks like I will have to call in someone smarter than me but thought I would pose the question here first.  Any ideas?  Both the fuel shutoff and injection pump were replaced back in the fall.

We are in a beautiful patch of timber and even with the issues of last week had our best week since purchasing the machine 3 years ago.  I'm anxious to get going again.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

wannaergo

The joys of working with old machines!  ::) Our old timbco had more shorts than i can remember, and we would always take a volt/ohm meter and check resistance across the circuits that were shorting, to see if we could find a bad wire. many times though, it was a solenoid or relay rather than a bad wire. I would try that route myself..
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

danabg

What kind of machine is it?

snowstorm

bushmechanic

Are you sure it was a resistor and not a diode? Diodes are usually black with a white line and a triangle on them. But it sure sounds like a short or a loose connection possibly in a connector. You need a wiring diagram so you can trace where the problem is, must be in the ignition circuit somewhere.   

Ken

Thanks for the reply folks.  We found a loose connection on the fuel shut off after some searching.  Man they put those in a hard spot.  Happy to be operating again.   
Lots of toys for working in the bush

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!