iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oh no I did not

Started by etat, June 05, 2004, 10:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

Oh boy, oh yes I did.  And then it hits you hard, I can't believe I did that!

A few weeks ago I was in a new house that they had installed a whole house fan upstairs.  Felt like a breeze blowing through the whole house.  Decided I was a gonna get me one of these.

Been roofing hard this past week, and looks like I will be for some time.  Giving me a lot less time to work on the house.

Came in after dinner from roofing the back side of  a policeman's house, pretty hot and tired and took a nap.  After I woke up I decided to go out and frame around and install that fan.  Instead of putting it in a ceiling I put it into a wall right at the top of the stairs blowing into the attic.  Marked her out, framed her out, and attached that fan.  Rigged up a temp extension cord to plug it in temporary until I have time to hardwire it with the switch downstairs.  Got her running good, and it's feeling good cause I done got hot.  Left her running just as I started to install the grill with the shutters that open and close and...... suddenly..........oh yeah.  Dang fan jerks that grill into it, and.....well......you know.

Busted it up just pretty good.  Absolutely can't believe I done that!!!!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

iain

:D :D :D :D
been there not with a fan but definetly been there

shopteacher

Should have paid heed to all those warnings your shopteacher gave you way back when. " Make no adjustments with the machinery on" and someday I'm going to follow that advice. :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

dail_h

I do stuff like that a lot Life gets tedious don't it. So tell us did it wreck the fan?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Duane_Moore

:D :D :DGood Job,  thats's my Buddy C,K,,  take a bow   Duh---Duane :D :D :D
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Bruce_A

Thats almost as good as SHOWING your spouse why you don't take the lid off the pressure cooker when there is still the least amount of pressure in it.

Stan

Was she impressed, Bruce?
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Bruce_A

She really enjoyed washing the mess off the ceiling and everything else. And to date[26 years later] she hasn't forgotten.

woodmills1

Reminds me of the time I was making cole slaw in my first blender. It was so long ago it had a glass container.  The cabbage kept pushing up away from the cutter, so I tryed to keep it down with a knife.  Man!  It flung slaw around the room and plasterd a nice line of it on the wall like it was a wall paper border.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Engineer

Search Google Groups for "Router Accident in the Kitchen".  May or may not be true, but it's a hoot.

//www.groups.google.com

Mark M

I stuck a spoon a little to far into the blender once. Boy it's hard scrubbing a chocolate malt off the ceiling and cupboards.

etat

The thing was salvagable, once ya sit down and got over what you'd done.  Warped one fan blade just a bit, tapped it a couple a times with a rubber hammer and it straightened back up.  Now them louver thingies was a bit tougher.  Sucked one corner in just a bit and they come apart.  The louvers themselves were aluminum, and the frame for em was plastic.  The frame come apart where it was put together at one of the corners and as I jerked it out that whole louver assembley fell out.  Only one of the louvers was bent and damaged, I straightened it back up as best I could and finally got the dang thing back together, all be it some the worse for the wear.  

Shopteacher your right,  I saw Mr. T.C. Ellis sit a student down for three weeks just for walking by and turning on a radial arm saw.  Wasn't me thank goodness!!! ;D  If he were alive today and I did something like that I'd hate to think the chewing out he'd be capable of giving me!!!!!  

Oh well, at least it wasn't like in some of them movies where it'd a jearked me plumb through there and turned me into hamburger on the other side!!!! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

etat

About the most expensivest mistake I can remember making was when I decided I could put a clutch in the old John Deer 3020 MUCH cheaper than having it done.  Twas before I had shop with a good smooth concrete floor and things.  Had both halves of the tractor hoisted up to some tree limbs.  When I put it back together something snapped wrong and it wouldn't go.  The John Deer people came and picked it up and later called me and told me I needed to come by for a prayer meeting about that tractor.  Seems I'd drove the transmission shaft through part of the main rear end housing and busted it. Tractor was too good to scrap so I had em fix it with another rearend housing.  But I shorely cried about how much it cost me, I shorely did. They did feel sorry for me and loan me a tractor cause it wound up staying in the shop almost two months.

Thank You Sponsors!