iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trucks & Trailers

Started by ElectricAl, June 05, 2004, 08:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricAl

It's fun to see what FF Members use to move their products.
Unfortunately, photos are scattered in many great threads.
I thought it might be nice to have a place to post a photo and discription.

1974  F350   360  4 speed,    2004  12K lb    TowMaster

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

SwampDonkey

Nice trailor and product  8)

So when can I expect my order to arrive? ;)

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Good idea Al!

Here is the only pic I have of one of our loads. We dont run a Mack any more but a Sterling with a mercedes engine. Still running a 8 axle 48 foot trailer.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Rocky_J

That's good, Jeff. Never seen a 42 wheeler before.  ::)

:D

etat

Me Neither!!!!  WOW!  Some a yall might not think so, but I ain't ever seen a trailer, logging or otherwise with that many tires!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Jeff

I'll try to get some newer photos this week including the new truck. Our chip vans are 6 axle trailers.

iain

dont that tree make going under bridges tricky? ;)

smwwoody

All them tires gotta make them "MI   Uies"  tough too. :D
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

SwampDonkey

What ya haulin? Lead wrapped in card board? Why so many axils?

Mr. Inspector sir, check what's hidden in between the stacked lumber on that load.

Questions, questions.  ;D  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

I just gotta ask how ya keep from tearin up dem roads with that 42 wheeler, going around fairly sharp turns ??? HAS to be a bear to turn around ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

Here's your Mac truck, them tires are 6 feet high ;D

I think there was less than 12 of this model ever made and this company owned 8.

;D ;D ;D

slowzuki

Swampy, did that have the double pivot trailer?  We we were out west we saw all kinds of different logging trailers.  Often they had the tongue stored over the cab and the rear axles up on top of the striker plate for the hitch when transporting an empty trailer.

By accident we ended up at an antique logging truck show what a neat collection of trucks!  We didn't seem to appreciate it at the time as we pulled over to sleep and many trucks had not mufflers, just straight stacks!

SwampDonkey

Jeff

On an 8 axle trailor you have 3 air lifts. The front one and the back 2. If you forget to put them up before a turn, you DONT turn.

Corley5

Here's a couple of our trailers.  The 1st is a 26 foot Load Trail with a deck over.  Rated for 14,000 lbs.  The second is one that my Grandpa built.  They both see use for any number of things from tractor hauling as the pics indicate to hauling logs, lumber etc.  Grandpa's is at the mill now with a growing load of popple lumber.  The big trailer is ready for a trip to Chesterfield Ill. to pick up a Case LA.  Dad and I each have Cummins Dodges, 4X4 club cabs with short beds.

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Weekend_Sawyer

Thought I'd add my log hauler to the thread.

I am renovating the trailer at this time it was 6' wide and I am doing a deck over to bring it out to 8' and putting a new set of axles with BRAKES. When this trailer was made it did not require brakes.

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Haytrader

Here we are loading a jag of cedar on a 24' gooseneck.

Haytrader

junkyard

Do a search on etarco for pictures. They move boilers heat exchangers ect..
When they moved equipment in while building a co-gen in town they had trailors with 96 wheels each. Coupled four together. The wheels would turn independentlyall one way or the other orfront left rear right and could be raised or lowered individualy to maintian a level bed three hundred ton capacity.
                    Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

whitepe

Jeff,
I can't wait to hear Heywood Banks sing "42 Wheels on a Big Rig" especially in Roman Numerals.

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

dewwood

Here is a load of logs I brought in yesterday.

98 Chevy CK 3500 with 40' ProTrak trailer
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

SwampDonkey

Dewwood:

That's quite a jag of wood your tote'n behind ya. :)

Junkyard:

96 wheels?  :o :o Wheels must be half the price of the trailor. ;D

Corley5:

Where ya goin with the vintage tractors? Not leave'n them at Ill are ya? ;) Nice trucks with the Cummins, the motor makes the truck. :) Mines just a 318 magnum, I'm not overly impressed with it. Good mileage though, for a V8.

Corley5

We've got 75+- old tractors around here now.  All colors but mostly IH Red.  We really like our Cummins.  Can't complain about 21mpg.  That goes down considerably with a loaded trailer ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Fla._Deadheader

Sure glad Corley posted 21MPG for his Cummins. We are checking mileage regularly, since getting the 1ton Dodge. We get 19.6 so far, that includes 350 bdft piled in the bed, one way to our buyer. The wood is VERY wet. ;) ;D ;D

Did anyone watch the show last night, about the new airliner from Airbus??? It will be the largest ever built and carry over 600 people. It is the A360, and parts would NOT fit inside the "Beluga", the largest freight carrying plane in the world.

The real interesting part was the moving of the pieces. They used a 96 wheel truck-trailer to move the wing, in 2 pieces.
   First, it is ridiculed;

SwampDonkey

Beleive I saw the show back in the winter about the airbus 360. But, when I'm tired and half comatose at the end of the day my brain doesn't absorb much. :D

Kevin_H.

How would you like to have lived in that town that the caravan passed though!

I think they said they something like 20" of clearance on each side as it passed by the buildings.

And thats going to happen like every week once  production gets going...
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Fla._Deadheader

I was impressed with the whole show. Kinda renews yer confidence in Engineers, eh ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!