iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need to Move 10 Degrees Further South!

Started by Andy White, January 23, 2014, 11:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

In the last hour it has begun to snow at my house! Don't like this. It has been five or six years since it has done this. I don't know how you members up north can work in this all winter! My shop" fourman" don't know what to think either.

After making up his mind to go do his nightly routine, he didn't linger long.

About 30 minutes worth.

After shaking off the snow, he assumed the position for his nap!

Goodnite buddy, you can go out tomorrow and do some "Tracking". :snowball: :snowman: running-doggy   Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Chuck White

It's kind of funny when and animal sees snow for the first time, they don't know whether they should step into it or go back inside, but when nature calls, well......

Cold one here this AM, we had -26° at 6:30, the local weather reporter said it was supposed to start a warming trend yesterday!   :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

A dog's life has gotta be tough, especially if you are a high ranking executive.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andy White

Woke up to snow still falling. This presents a whole other set of problems." Fourman "don't want to come in, solar collectors don't look like they are very effective, kiln won't heat up, and I don't have blades for sawing frozen logs!
Nancy is surveying the situation.

Maybe  summer will hurry up!     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Magicman

Wowser Andy, you did get a dustin'.  We only managed ¼" at best.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ND rancher

You call that snow,that's just a dusting or skift. We had that back in Oct.. Seriously we haven't had much this winter and ours is mostly ice now. Our winter has been very up and down.We keep bouncing between sub zero and +40 since Oct. Some times it has been 40° change in less than 30 hours(last week -20°---+34° )
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Bill Gaiche

Andy, I bet the shop fourman has better ideas than building on the kiln today. 6 degrees here this morning and no snow. bg

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

kensfarm

Sonofman

We had a good snow here about 3 years ago, it was the first my cat had seen. She is an outside cat, and I went out to feed her that morning. Usually she comes up on the porch whe I come out, but she was already there. As soon as I stepped out the door, she looked out in the yard, then up at me and meowed. She did this 4 or 5 times, plainly telling me she did not like this cold white stuff, and would I please get rid of it for her. She stayed on the porch till it melted that afternoon.
Located due west of Due West.

isawlogs

:D  A dog that sees snow for the first time is always funny, a dog that has a swimming pond that he goes to every morning and finds it froze over for the first time... now theres a situation one needs to see.  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!