iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Solved: Round leaved sundew

Started by SwampDonkey, June 05, 2004, 05:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

So what's this wetland plant. Careful, you might be walking on it. ;)

So what is it?
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Looks like some kind of sundew :-/

Tom

While I found quite a few that were similar, Round-leaved Sundew (Drosera rotundifolia) seemed to be the closest to your example. :)

SwampDonkey

Yup, its round leaved sundew :)

Its not a plant that stands out in a crowd, you really have to be looking sharp for it. Usually, up my way, its found with pitcher plants. They are both carnivorous plants, feeding on insects. Sometimes, they are found on bouldery terrain too.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Ours live with hooded pitcher plants too. Most of the sundews I've seen are, I think, capillaris and are quite small. They hide beneath the foliage of Deer Tongue, dandelion and clumps of wire grass.  If you aren't looking for them you'll miss them. They are usually about the size of your thumb nail or a little bigger......maybe like a quarter even.

SwampDonkey

Yup, same size here. They can eat all the flies they want too :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!