iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Low Country Boil ..... For 560 people

Started by julio, January 22, 2014, 10:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julio

I got 4 nights of cooking starting  on 23rd to 26th for our church. We will start the annual dinner theater to fund youth mission trip. Had all my shrimp bought in fresh from coast today ,got everything else pick up and ready to go. Will be a lot of late nights , but it one of easiest meal to prepare and cheap. Ill try to get some pics.
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

WDH

We need an excuse to get you back over here  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

BBTom

I spent several years living just south of Savannah.  Lord do I ever miss those boils.  Great food, great fun, great company.  I hope to get back for a good low country boil someday.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd like to be there but I guess I'll be right here eating some of BEENTHERE'S FRIED CHICKEN.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thurlow

Waiting on the pics...............most I've cooked for is 500;  (local politician 'throws' a fish fry every 2 years and I'm always axed to fix the soup beans (also called white or great Northern);  usually feed for about 2 hours. 

Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Weekend_Sawyer

Julio, I'm looking forward to seeing the pix.
Must be one big steamer pot!
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Raider Bill

if it is half as good as his fish fry them people are in for some good eating! ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 23, 2014, 04:34:52 PM
if it is half as good as his fish fry them people are in for some good eating! ;D

smiley_thumbsup

julio

I finished the first night ,thank the lord . Wind was blowing 100 mph , it hard to get water to boil and take pics in that DANG kind of weather . My wife said she would take some tomorrow nite, I still have 3 more nites. 8) 8) 

julio

Thurlow  there is nothing like soup beans and corn bread and killed lettuce and onions. 8)

Dave Shepard

What is killed lettuce? Is there any other way to eat it, other than on hands and knees in the garden? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thurlow

Not sure about the lettuce;  around here, a fish fry means catfish fillets, soup beans, french fries, hush puppies and slaw.  The politician's campaign manager had asked a local store to order the supplies.  I wandered over to where they were cooking the fish;  a bunch of 15# boxes of fish...........from somewhere in the far East, Thailand, maybe;  YUK!.  Actually, it tasted much like catfish, but no way I would've boughten it.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

julio

Sorry it took so long  to post the pics.

julio

Soup beans that we always had was pinto beans. David killed lettuce is green leaf lettuce that is cut up and you take and fry bacon and break it up in the lettuce and then pour the bacon dripping over it .           The low country boil has turned out great ,we have one more nights left .                         

thecfarm

I'd pull my plate right up next to the Grilling Man and I would camp out there. Speaking of the Grilling Man,he looks a little cold with his hood up? You in that cold spell too?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

julio

CFARM yes it has been cold and very very windy, that is a special treat we add to our low country boil ,first I brown it on the grill and then drop it in the boil and it gives it a whole different taste they all come back for seconds and want the sausage and then shrimp .

Rocky_Ranger

Lord have Mercy, I haven't had a "Low Country" in three years....
Sure looks good!
RETIRED!

clww

Seeing this reminds me of the quantity of food for large masses that was served in the mess halls when I was in the USN.
Your vittles look (and smell) much better! digin_2
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

I have to say it,I like special treats.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Texas Ranger

Rocky, now you can get those high country boils with mountain oysters. ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!