iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tree farmer skidders

Started by stoneeaglefarm, January 22, 2014, 12:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneeaglefarm

Hi Folks, Have heard over here in NH that parts are getting hard or impossible to find for c4&c5 tree farmer skidders, Am thinking about picking one up as a fire wood lot machine and would like some info. Also, Talked with another logger this morning about Lyme disease, Do not ignore those bites, Am dealing with lyme know and its a bummer to realize how much it changes your energy and life, Is there a forum thru here for folks to check with. Its getting to be a huge problem out  there. Peter.

ga jones

There one of the easiest machines to get parts for.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Maine logger88

I know daveco in Farmington Maine has or can get about any part you would need
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

treechopper40

I get most of the parts for my c5 from napa and the rest from davco or nash equipment ther not hard to get parts for good luck with the machine
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

Corley5

Beware of models with Centrex axles.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SliverPicker

I had Lyme disease in 2011/2012.  If the treatment you are given is 10-14 day of antibiotics please get yourself tested after the course of antibiotics is over.  There is a good chance you will still be positive for Lyme.  10-14 days of antibiotics is the "official" treatment.   

I am 100% cured.  It took just under a year, but I have been symptom free since August of 2012 after contracting the bug in July of 2011.

Its no fun and the symptoms can be radically different from one person to another.

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Origin-of-Lyme-Disease.aspx
Yooper by trade.

DDDfarmer

Lots of parts out there,  some parts cost a little more than others but I think there are other machines out there that cost more to maintain.  If you stay on top of the oil levels and greasing regularly, and run the machine well within its limits it should last a long time.

As for ticks, never seen one other than on the tv.
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

stoneeaglefarm

to sliva picker, Thanks, Would like some more chatting up about the lyme treatment, I am on a 3 week regiment of Anti-biotic mixed with pro-biotics, What did you do to deal with it, Its becoming a big problem and I just want to get back to feeling good to be in woods full time again. Thanks

SliverPicker

I did the 14 day of antibiotics.  At the end of that I felt alot better, but still pretty much useless.  In the end I got another prescription for 30 day of antibiotics and that pretty much did the trick.  I still felt a bit weak after the 30 days, but I think I need to attribute that to not getting any exercise for nearly a year.  When I went into to woods in the summer of 2012 on a very strenuous job  I got over any weakness after about a week of work.  I was hand cutting at over 9000' elevation with very hilly terrain and lots of boulders to negotiate.  My shifts were 10 hours with lots of walking.  My first two days on the job I was literally too tired at the end of the day to eat, but quickly regained my form.

My dad had Lyme last year.  He did 30 days of antibiotics and then the doc had him retested and he still came up positive.  He was prescribed 30 more days of antibiotics and tested negative after that 30 days.

The feeling of being completely exhausted and without motivation for nearly a year was the hardest part.  The fever and headache and rash that I had for the first 3 weeks was almost unbearable.  Absolutely nothing would touch the headache.  It hurt so bad I would lie there and my eyes would water from the pain.  I was completely bedridden for 23+ hours per day for the first 2 1/2 months.  I never developed any joint pain or anything like that.  The symptoms can be radically different from one person to another.  Lyme is actually fatal in some individuals.   
Yooper by trade.

stoneeaglefarm

Sliva picker, Thanks, I seem to be on the mend some what, Worked out in the barn last night on some deer we got late in the pa flintlock season after just puttering during the day and not falling asleep for the first time during day in about 6 months, Feel ok, The headaches come at night, Every day it seems different except for the lazy feeling I have and real heavy legs and arms. Thinking positve, Think I have my nice 440c sold and am looking for a machine easier to in and out, have had both treefarmers and timberjacks. Thanks again, Will chat up as i go along, Its a bummer not working, Hardwood prices are up and I have some nice maple to cut. Peter.

SliverPicker

Don't give up on it.  It takes a looong time to get over it all the way.  That heavy feeling is terrible.  The shaking isnt' so good either.  Keep us posted with your progress.
Yooper by trade.

stoneeaglefarm

Thank You Sponsors!