iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Click here at your own risk!    

Started by etat, June 04, 2004, 09:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

A fellow stopped at a rural gas station and, after filling his tank, he paid the bill and bought a soft drink. As he stood by his car to drink his cola, he watched a couple of men working along the roadside.

One man would dig a hole two or three feet deep and then move on.

The other man came along behind and filled in the hole.

While one was digging a new hole, the other was about 25 feet behind filling in the old. The men worked right past the fellow with the soft drink and went on down the road.

"I can't stand this," said the man, tossing the can in a trash container and heading down the road toward the men.

"Hold it, hold it," he said to the men. "Can you tell me what's going on here with this digging?"

"Well, we work for the county," one of the men said.

"But one of you is digging a hole and the other fills it up. You're not accomplishing anything. Aren't you wasting the county's money?"

"You don't understand, mister," one of the men said, leaning on his shovel and wiping his brow.

"Normally there's three of us ... me, Rodney and Mike. I dig the hole, Rodney sticks in the tree and Mike here puts the dirt back. Now just because Rodney's sick, that don't mean that Mike and me can't work." :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Bothy_Loon

We have council workers like that over here to!!
Bothy

ksu_chainsaw

Reminds me of the summer I spent working for KDOT on the road crew.   ;D  :D  ;D

We werent that bad, but if someone didnt show up, it seemed like we didnt get anything done.

Since I was the newbie, I was sent out to replace roadsigns.  Well, after the first hole, I got real tired of the clamshell digger, so I drove home and got the gas auger  ;D  ;D
They couldnt figure out how I replaced 6 miles of signs(about 30 posts) in about 4 hours.  Never told them I went home and got the auger  ;) So from then on, I was never sent out to do it again--alone.

Charles

etat

The Telemarketer  
A Rabbi, a Hindu, and a telemarketer are in a car. They run out of gas and are forced to stop at a farmer's house. The farmer says that there are only two extra beds, so one person will have to sleep in the barn.

The Hindu says, "I'm humble, I will sleep in the barn." So, he goes out to the barn. In a few minutes, the farmer hears a knock on the door. It's the Hindu and he says, "There is a cow in the barn. It's against my beliefs to sleep with a cow."

So, the Rabbi says, "I'm humble, I'll sleep in the barn." A few minutes later, the farmer hears another knock on the door and it's the Rabbi. He says that it is against his beliefs to sleep where there is a pig and there is a pig in the barn.

So, the telemarketer is forced to sleep in the barn. A few minutes later, there is a knock on the door.

It's the pig and the cow...
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Stan

When I was evaluating prospective Power System Dispatchers, we'd take a day and follow a lineman around, so they could see what the work was like. Very few linemen became dispatchers, and most dispatchers came from indoor trades.
The first job was clearing a section of cable under the Hollywood freeway to allow repairs.
When we got the hole opened, and were sending down the flame safety lamp, we were all gathered around the open manhole. The was the underground man and his helper, the lineman and his helper (nobody gets near energized equipment on his own) and my two trainees and I.
A citizen walking down the street pushed his way in among the 7 of us and looked down into the empty hole. The he asked, "This is a city job, isn't it?"
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

iain

4yrs ago i was sitting in traffic waiting for the council to finish laying black top through a small townthis job had taken almost a month start to finish
road opens at two o'clock and i drove through
 at the far end i pulled in for petrol and there on the far side of the for court parked up were a pair or diggers and 14 men waiting for the council to clear there gear
the new crew were the gas board with a new main they sectioned the road at 2.35 theres still the badly back filled trench down the north side of the road after 4yrs
which the lacols dont mind to much cause it slows the traffic down a bit

Bro. Noble

We live on a county road that runs for about 4 miles between two state highways.  On this 4 mile stretch,  there are two big hills that wash pretty bad,  two places (about 1/4 mi. each)  that are always full of chug holes,  and a strip that is soft and falls through in wet weather.  There is about a mile of good road out of the four that is pretty decent and trouble free.  After getting enough complaints about the condition of the road,  the county comissioners evidently decided they better do something.  They spread chat on the stretch of good road.  With limited funds,  I guess they wanted to put the chat where it would last the longest ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

etat

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway - it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw - with each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing: he would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you - all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping - never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the simple rules to be happy:
Free your mind from worries - Most never happen.
Live simply and appreciate what you have.
Give more.
Expect less.

NOW - ENOUGH OF THAT
... The donkey later came back and bit the farmer who had tried to bury him.
... The gash from the bite got infected, and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.

MORAL FROM TODAY'S LESSON:
When you do something wrong and try to cover your ass, it always comes back to bite you.

Thank You Sponsors!