iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

auto tune or m tronic want feed back on the good and bads and reliability

Started by Timbertron, January 21, 2014, 01:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbertron

ive been on this site for some time but just checking in after a few months off and in my shop we have been hearing a lot of crap on the mtronic and the auto tune i own a 562 xp and it has been flawless since new and only had one issue clutch spring broke short of that i love my 562xp would like to here any issues about these systems and or none issues as well .

John R

I think for the most part they all work good, seems to be the only ones you hear about are the problem child's.
When people have trouble with these or any saw they seek out these forms for a solution.
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

AdkStihl

Havent heard any bad about ported M-Tronics.
Ported AutoTunes on the other hand....... :-\
J.Miller Photography

Rob5073

I haven't had issues with my unported 545AT.  Seems like a srong running saw.

Maine logger88

I bought my 562xp back in November its probably cut around 400 cord so far and I have not done a thing to it(knock on wood) I love it if it doesn't give me much trouble after a year or so I won't even miss my regular carbed saws
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

M_S_S

I have used a 562xp all winter falling western juniper. Had a 28 inch bar on it but put a 24" on it cause the biggest I am falling is about 26 on the butt. The juniper is in the rocks, lot easier to keep track of the shorter bar So far I love it. I bought it used. It is one hotrod son of a buck. They guy cutting with me runs a 372xp, the 60cc saw keeps up with it. I put the 28" on my 385, it had a 32 on it. I use it for falling big lodgepole pine, standing dead and cutting dead and down ponderosa pine on the NF. some of that pine is 40" on the butt. Lol I take the 32" with me win I chase after the pine. ED
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

SawTroll

The AT or the CM have never made a chainsaw less reliable than it would have been without it, and it likely has saved some saws from "blowing up" from air leaks.  ;)
Information collector.

7sleeper

...and it sure saved a lot of guys from doing there hazardous work....

because as we know a saw not running cannot injure a fellow or blow up!!!

;)

junkfxr

I bought my 562 in May of 2013 and used it during the summer doing storm clean up and I was really impressed with it for only being a 60cc saw. When I got it back out in the fall, the small off idle hesitation that it always had got so bad that it would die when I hit the throttle. After finally finding a dealer in our area that could work on it, he had it for a total of 4 weeks and still couldn't get it right so Husky decided to replace it with one off of the shelf. I finally got to take the new saw out yesterday and it's just as bad as the first one. From what I'm hearing, it's not an electronics problem, it's a carburetor problem. Doesn't matter to me what kind of problem it is, it's an ongoing problem and I need my saw to work. I'm almost to the point of completely fed up with it.

HotRail

I've got a ported ms 261cm that runs very well.  Only time I could say it acted up was when it was on its first tank of fuel.  The saw was sitting inside my apartment, so lets say 66-67 degrees.  Went out to the woods to cut and it was about 15 degrees outside.  Started right up but would bog a little like the fuel/air mix was too rich when cutting anything.  Idled and went to WOT with no problems.  This "bogging" would only happen when in the cut.  So I decided I should leave the saw in the garage to keep it at the same temp as when I go out to the woods.   Went at it again the next day and it cleared right up.  Hard to say if the temp swing was the cause or just being I was on the first tank and break in.  Not one issue since this.  I really like the AT/MT.

treechopper40

I bought a new 562xp last fall and it was the biggest pile of junk I ever owned that thing wouldn't run it was rich one minute and lean the next wouldn't start when it was hot it was in the shop more than I had it in the woods and fell apart screws in the muffler would loosen up just not a good saw I traded it for a 372 husky every time I go to my local saw shop they always got a few of them there to be fixed as far as the stihls go ive never tried one of theres and as long as I can buy a saw with jets that I can adjust that's what I will buy
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

redninja

We have had a 455 Rancher Auto Tune for about a year, and it has cut exactly ZERO truckloads of wood. This saw WILL NOT RUN AT ALTITUDE. Period. We cut at 9000' and above, mostly. The saw has been back to the dealer several times, and has never been fixed. It is at the dealer right now. They keep it for about a month each time, and the ONLY thing they have actually done  with is is run a couple of tankfuls of gas thru it. So we are using our 20-year-old Sthil, which is working fine after being reconditioned.

tlandrum

this sounds like more of a dealer problem than a saw problem. get a dealer that will actually work on the saw and not just cut a cookie or two and tell you its running fine.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

brendonv

Just bought my first husky 562xpg. I really like it. After i learned how to start it when hot its a gem. Cuts really nice.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

M_S_S

I like my 562 so much I bought another one (used) It runs and cuts great. I cut from 4500 to 8000 ft alt. and have never had a problem with either saw once I learned the hot start method. ED
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

deerslayer

I just picked up a well used MS441. Went through it and did a few minor repairs but I've haven't had it in wood yet. I'll save my impressions until I've run it some.
Too many chainsaws, not enough wood.
Stihl, Husky, Craftsman, Mac, Homelite, Poulan. Some live here, some just passing through.

Thank You Sponsors!