iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nicely edited and fun sawmill video to watch!

Started by Planman1954, January 21, 2014, 10:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Planman1954

I came across this on youtube. I felt like I was standing there with such well done editing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M57eCpaJuX4
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

pineywoods

Oh YEAH, steam power. The technology that made this country  8)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

bedway

Magicman

That was interesting.  The red tee shirt guy was certainly busy.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

I enjoyed watching this, wondering where those wide boards will end up.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Dave VH

I would have fun working there for a week or two. 
I cut it twice and it's still too short

kelLOGg

Wow! That's the way I turn logs, too, but there the similarity ends.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

beenthere

Brought back some fine memories. Great to see the logs that max out the mill, and the steam power.

Many ways to get hurt in those old mills, but means one has to keep a sharp eye out for each other.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

plaindriver

Kubota L4600 DT w/FEL, John Deere 750 4WD w/FEL, PH Digger,RotoTiller,Box Scraper,Disc;16, 18, 20" chainsaws;Troy Built 27T splitter; table saw, radial arm saw,turning lathe, chipper, small backhoe, Isuzu NPR 14' stakeside diesel truck; a wife that still likes me.

Chuck White

Now that was a great video.

I like how the topsaw works with the main saw!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ga Mtn Man

I really enjoyed that!  Must be tough to get and keep those two blades aligned.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Ljohnsaw

I almost stopped in there when I went camping in the Lassen National Park last summer.  Now I really wish I did.  I'll have to take that trip again sometime.  Its about a 4½ hour drive from me.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

drobertson

Looked like a lot of heat! on all ends! amazing that this is how many boards were made, the alignment looks on track as far as I could see. What a log to saw for a demo, I guess, go big or go home ;D   thanks for sharing,
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mmartone

Cool video, thanks for sharing it with us. Wow what slabs!
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

ddcuning

That is an awesome saw. I may have to plan a vacation that just by chance is near there.

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

bandmiller2

I hosy sawyer, that offbearer worked his butt off. Looks like they were lubeing the saws with water, something never heard of up here in the northeast. Today OSHA would fudge their rompers over that operation. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

goose63

That is some thing to see thank you posting  8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Knute

hardtailjohn

I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Peter Drouin

That's how it was done back in the day. I wonder how long that took to cut that log, in real time.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Tom L

seems way too dangerous for me, to many pinch points, open belts, wheels, and saw blades turning for my liking

you must have to figure a steady turnover of employees there. walk you in the front door, wheel you out the back

bandmiller2

I hear what your saying Tom, but the big dangerous things people are leary about its the little harmless looking stuff that will snag you. Looks like they have a newish boiler. Most of the mill boilers still around are 100 yrs old and must be looked upon with suspicion. Steam is still viable mill power for the right situation integrated into a complete system. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Quote from: bandmiller2 on January 22, 2014, 07:35:15 AMMost of the mill boilers still around are 100 yrs old and must be looked upon with suspicion. 
All boilers here are inspected, proof tested, and licensed.  The operator is also licensed.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodhick

Very nice video.  I noticed the woman in the video from another one circulating arount the woodworking fourms.  The one she is in the family ( I beleive the same family) owns a steam powered box factory.
James
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

woodhick

Couldn't link it but do a youtube search for phillips bros box factory.  Another great video
James
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Thank You Sponsors!