iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Super Bowl 2014 Winner

Started by Raider Bill, January 20, 2014, 04:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

As a Raider Fan I hate to say it but... Got to go with the AFC West.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

clww

Broncos!
Manning will be NFL and Super Bowl 48 MVP.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Warbird

The Mrs and I like the Broncos.  She graduated from college in Colorado, so there you have it.  All the rest of my family love the SheHawks.  Should be an interesting family rivalry this year.  LOL

red oaks lumber

gotta jump conferences, go broncos!! even though russell came out of wisconsin football.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

DanG

I'm going with the Seahawks, simply because it ain't been a good playoff season for big-name QBs.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

blackfoot griz

Quote from: DanG on January 20, 2014, 07:47:10 PM
I'm going with the Seahawks, simply because it ain't been a good playoff season for big-name QBs.

DanG,
It's been a pretty DanG  good year for Peyton!

firecord

I dont like pete carrol. TO ARRAGENT.  (cant spell big words). lol.       GO BRONCOS

terry f

Both QB's are class acts, Go Hawks.

turnkey

I don't care.  It is the Pot Bowl!

Raider Bill

Quote from: turnkey on January 21, 2014, 05:05:55 PM

Been hearing that a lot this week.

Not many giving the Hawks a chance against Manning.

rbhunter

I will be cheering for the Broncos. We had a young man named Sylvester Williams come to work at the plant where I work several years ago. After four months he decided he wanted to go to college and was accepted to Coffeeville Community College and played football. He later played for North Carolina and now he plays DT for the Broncos.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Gary_C

Denver has the better offense and Seattle has the better defense. Peyton has a tendency to get wound too tight in these big games and try to force the ball into tight spots. And Seattle does not play well away from home.

The only advantage I see is if the Denver defense can hold the Seattle offense down the way they handled the Pats offense, Denver (Jack Del Rio) wins, but Peyton still gets the credit.

I expect someone other than a big name player to be the difference maker. That makes the game too close to call and I would not bet against either one of the two teams.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

coxy

don't care who wins or looses  its all you can eat free food and all you can drink free beer :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Woodhauler

2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

beenthere

I've got it down to one of two teams now. In a couple weeks, I may have the final winner.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 21, 2014, 05:41:32 PM
Quote from: turnkey on January 21, 2014, 05:05:55 PM

Been hearing that a lot this week.

Not many giving the Hawks a chance against Manning.

Not many were giving the Broncs a chance against Brady either.  I think this QB thing is overrated.  There are 21 other players on the field at any one time.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

I like to see Peyton do well but gotta go with the Hawks in this one. The offense has to pick up the pace though, they are not consistent enough. They can't continue to depend on the d for big plays although that Hail Mary on Sunday was a real heart stopper.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DonT

I think it will be a good game,I am thinking Sea Hawks - offense wins games -defense wins championships

redbeard

Seahawks!  Peyton gets pretty rattled when he throws interceptions. Sherman should get one of them.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Roger2561

I wouldn't mind seeing that 2 to 1 super bowl rings edge that Eli has over his older brother stay that way.  I'm a Pat's and even though the past 2 super bowl loses came by way of the Giants, I like Eli and they way he carries himself.  That being said, I have a hunch that the team who scores more points will win.  I'll confirm that in a couple of weeks.  Roger   
Roger

redbeard

Big game almost here. I raised my 12s this afternoon my neighborhood got a kick out of it. GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

the bottom 12 is a root that took my eye the other day which gave me the idea to hoist it up over or next too road.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I picking SEATTLE......now. I've changed my mind because of this winner picking dog.

Watch Video. This dog has not lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSRQ3huJME
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

That dog ain't busting my balloon.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Left Coast Chris

Rooting for the Broncos.  Seahawks more likely to win.  If forced to bet, I would bet for the Seahawks. 

Just hope the Broncos win on a easy pass late in the game where Sherman falls down or gets knocked down by his own man and.....nobody interviews him afterwards.    :) :) 8)

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Woodcarver

I think Manning will be able to cope with the Seattle defense. I'm a Russell Wilson fan so I will be pulling for the Seahawks, but I expect the Broncos to win.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

drobertson

Hard to go against the lil fellow,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ayerwood

I like it redbeard!  Go Hawks!

giant splinter

The vote seems to be leaning toward the Broncos, I want to say that the Broncos have an incredible team ................... it's going to be a shame when they lose,                                                    GO! SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roll with it

clww

Wish I could change my vote after that first half fiasco. >:(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Woodcarver

I didn't think Seattle would be able to pressure Manning as much as they have. The Denver coaching staff must have anticipated it; they were runnning a lot of short routes. 

It will be interesting to see if they can do any better in the second half with some half-time adjustments.

Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

red oaks lumber

the game is boring , the commercials are a complete dud, and the halftime  show? wow i'm glad i havent spent a penny on any of it ;)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

firecord

Denver must have gotten paid before the game.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

And to think....I bought all these WANGS for a game like this?????  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The only thing about Denver that has got my attention tonight is the last name of one of their players.......WOODYARD.

redbeard

Having a good time here! Defence is smoking hot!

pine

Don't want to count too many chickens before the eggs hatch but it is really hard not to do so. What a game for the Seahawks.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well boys....I think it time to start talking about the Pig Roast.  ;D

goose63

43 to 8 my uncle lived in Seattle he called them the sick hawks but thy are way ahead looks like thy gonna win 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

dgdrls

Quote from: redbeard on January 22, 2014, 02:00:28 AM
Seahawks!  Peyton gets pretty rattled when he throws interceptions. Sherman should get one of them.

Must be they really rattled him with 2, smiley_dizzy

Seahawks win big, The Redhot chilli peppers rock!! smiley_guitarist smiley_trap_drummer

On to Daytona smiley_thumbsup

DGDrls

firecord

Peppers did rock.  Best part of the game !

beenthere

I think the broncs have been broke to ride.

But they were the best the American Football Conference could put up for the Super Bowl. Nuff said.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

i just read where the greatest run by a BRONCO was back in 1994 when O.J. Simpson was in one speeding down the interstate.  :D

Cedarman

We had a little party for 11.  Good food, a couple beers.  Lots of visiting.  Moaning for the Bronco's, but we had fun.  And that is what it is all about.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

sandhills

Well I can honestly say my wife and I have had a lot more fun watching the puppy bowl  :D  :D.  Sorry guys, I don't follow sports much  :), did see a pup or two I'd like to have running around here though  ;D.

Warbird

As I posted on Facebook, the Broncos should change their name to the "Rented Mules", cause that's what Seattle whipped them like!

smiley_horserider smiley_turkey_dancing

5quarter

Like Bell said...any given Sunday.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

terry f

With the teams age, and buying into Pete's holistic approach, this could be a nice ride. Nice to see a team that has their coaches back, and a coach that treats his players like human beings. Go Hawks

redbeard

Today was awesome for us. Been a great ride this year got see 5 home games this year and it was a blast to be part of 12th man. The crowd at Superbowl was very loud sounded like home feild .

H 2 H

Defense wins championships

Oh and Seattle's offence isn't that bad either

8)
Brian

Old BROWN eyes strikes again !

"Saw troll speaks with authority about saws has never even touched. Well maybe he touches the pictures in the brochures before he rips on them"

".... guess you need to do more than read specs, and look at pictures !"

Warbird

Cool video interview from a couple of weeks ago with some of the Seahawks, including their QB and a member of the coaching staff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8U_ewtHZdw

martyinmi

That game wasn't as close as it looked on the scoreboard! :D

We forgot all about the game and decided to look for it, and it just so happened to be the start of the halftime show when we finally found it. What a disappointment! I actually like a few of Brono Mars's songs, but whatever it was that he was doing at halftime wasn't even appealing to my 11 year old son. He was so bored with it that he went and took his before bed bath.
My wife turned the channel and did some surfing while I went and played on the 'puter. She yelled at me a while later to come in and watch the second half. I watched for 14 seconds and decided enough was enough! :-\ ::)

I did watch portions of the pre-game kitten bowl and puppy bowl. I've got to agree with sandhills in that they were far more entertaining than the super bowl. :D
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

sawguy21

The half time show was an insult to the intelligence. Why do they cater to preteens at a largely adult venue?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

terry f

Sawguy, football fans are there to watch the game, commercials and halftime are for the other people at the party. Warbird, I don't care, I still like Russell Wilson.

Warbird

We had a bunch of folks over to watch the game but it was really more to just hang out.  I'm configuring an AppleTV for our church and have it here at the house.  We had 11+ kids here with their families and I didn't want to chance them seeing something inappropriate during the halftime show.  So I'd created our own halftime show and streamed it from the computer to the AppleTV.  It was great and everyone enjoyed it.  :)

Terry, thanks for caring enough to make sure I knew your opinion, tho.  ;)  I am glad you still like him.  Perhaps there's hope you'll like me someday.

terry f

I like everybody Warbird, whats not to like about you. Wilson might play some baseball this spring, he played his pro ball 35 miles from me, but I never watched him.

clww

I find it interesting that the voting on the first page still continues to add numbers to the "Seahawks" three days after the game.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

I said I'd pick after the game.   8)
south central Wisconsin

thecfarm

beenthere,can't be wrong that way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

redbeard

Looks like Broncos won on the forestry forum poll. Darn still no respect for Seahawks.

Raider Bill

Guess I should have closed the poll just before the game. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!