iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Canadian cable suppliers

Started by DDDfarmer, January 20, 2014, 10:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDDfarmer

Are there any Canadian suppliers of the ferrules and wedges like Labonville sells?  Called the local wire rope company and the salesman kept going huh? never heard of it, can't get it.  Described the two wedges and collar..... never heard of anything like that can't get it.  But if you send me the link to this other company will see what I can do  ???  If I order from the Labonville site just for the ferrule and wedge the shipping will be around $40 no counting for taxes and fees. 

This same local company advertises that they can custom make cables and slings... so ok can you make me a couple chokers 20" long( so I can use them as extentions with my 6'x 1/2")  nope too short plus YOU would have to supply the slides we can't get them.   

Are there any Ontario suppliers out there?  Online searches come up empty.  Just want to be able to replace my mainline and get back to the woods next weekend once it gets warmer than -25°C.
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Stephen Alford

Try TimberParts (506)433-5578 in Sussex NB.    :)
logon

deerguy

DDDFarmer, Have you tried Sling Choker ??? They have offices across the North and at least the Sudbury office were quite well versed in cable, chokers etc etc. They used to make them onsite. There is also a small company in North Bay called Canadian Rigging....the guy to talk to is Pierre. If you cant find #'s let me know and I'll PM you.

Hope that helps !!

Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

DDDfarmer

Sling choker in Timmins will only make you a choker for skidding if you supply the riggings. For the other question of the ferrule he went Huh?

Will try the other places, Thanks.
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Ken

KG Chase has several sites in NB.  I think they will make custom chokers. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

ehp

the husky dealer west of me has them in stock but he has no phone or I would give you his number .

Kodiakmac

Used to get that stuff over in the Ste. Adele area.  I'll see if I can dig up the contact info.
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

cutter88

sling chocker in north bay carry them
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

DDDfarmer

Called Sling choker in North Bay, very helpful and even knew what I was talking about....  They had the ferrule and wedges in stock and I don't have to supply the slide to make the choker extensions.  Chokers were going to made up before closing today and might just make the bus tonight....  Asked why the same company closer to me couldn't supply or even understood what I was asking for, he didn't know what to say  ::)

Thanks guys.

cutter88

Quote from: DDDfarmer on January 21, 2014, 07:48:04 PM
Called Sling choker in North Bay, very helpful and even knew what I was talking about....  They had the ferrule and wedges in stock and I don't have to supply the slide to make the choker extensions.  Chokers were going to made up before closing today and might just make the bus tonight....  Asked why the same company closer to me couldn't supply or even understood what I was asking for, he didn't know what to say  ::)

Thanks guys.

ive been dealing with lori and marcel a long time they no there stuff glad I could point u in there direction
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

sawguy21

We used Wire Rope Industries almost exclusively for heli rigging. . The product and service were top notch. I would cut up the scrap chokers and take a box of bells to them to be re used, other suppliers would not do that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!