iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What would you buy?

Started by Local4Fitter, January 16, 2014, 10:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Local4Fitter

Here is my history. The only saw I ever bought brand new was a Husky 350 with 18" bar. I used it  around the house once in a while for a few years and never had an issue. I decided to get an owb. I used this saw to clear approx. 1/2 acre and cut a new driveway for log delivery.  It was slow but it ran fine every time I used it. I wanted a bigger saw so I bought a used Stihl 034. I don't know the history of this 034 but I do know it always starts hard especially when cold. I realized if I kept it in the unheated shed I would go through at least one rotator cuff pulling on that rope. It never oiled great and now won't oil at all ( working on that now). I need a dependable saw. My next saw will be used intermittently to cut 10 cords a year out of a pile that is delivered. I sometimes cut all day sat. and sun. then put the saw away for a few weeks.  My 034 has a 20" bar on it now and I like that length. I want a saw that is powerful enough to run a 20" bar. Budget is around $800, and I'm not brand specific. I know I will get a lot of different opinions but you guys have a lot more experience in this area than I do. Knowing what you know which saws will fit the bill?
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

JohnG28

That's a pretty healthy budget a so you should be able to get a nice saw for sure. If you were happy with the power of the 034 then something around 60cc to maybe 70cc would be a step up. Should be great with a 20" bar. A Husky 365xt might be a good one to look at, 71cc and pro construction at a reasonable price. Don't know off top of my head but probably around $700. Also look at Stihl 441cm, or 362cm if they're available now. Husky 562xp can also be had for somewhere around$650 I believe. Or you could look into used saws. I'd imagine with some patience a really nice saw could be scored and you could keep some of that 800 in your pocket, but it doesn't sound like that is much of an option for your right now. Head over to a local shop and ask questions, have them show you what they have, features, cost compare. Check different brands and see what feels good and fits your use best. Happy shopping!
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

BFay2172

I would personally pick up a 2165 jonsered at 65ccs it should be the perfect size. I don't know a price off hand but I would think they are less than 800. I havent had any issues with my 2172 but im partial to the jonsereds  ::)

brettl

Husky, Dolmar/Makita, Stihl, Echo, Jonsered, Redmax, all make good saws. With your budget I'd lean towards a light but powerful 60 or 70cc saw. Keep in mind that Jonsered is part of the Poulan/Husky conglomerate and while some are higher end saws, some are dressed up Poulan grade saws. I'm a Stihl man but have wanted to try a Redmax or a Dolmar/Makita.

If dealer support is a major concern, it could heavily influence your choice. If this is the case, I'd go to local dealers and look for someone you get a good vibe from. There are a bunch of Stihl shops in Wichita but I do business with a small, Ma and Pop shop. These are the kind of businesses I like.

If dealer support is no concern, I'd look hard at the Bailey Makita saws. Just blue Dolmars with a better price. Have fun shopping!

Cut4fun

The husky 365 XT and jonsered 2166 are just detuned 71cc saws of the 372 and 2172. Both in very low $600 range with 20"

http://www.jonsered.com/int/chainsaws/cs-2166/

Local4Fitter

Thanks for the input guys. It's tough to find a saw that doesn't get some poor reviews.
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

cutter88

I have had stihl the past 3 years but its time to update and I bought a 372xpg husky this week and already love it best saw I ever ran!
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Ianab

Quote from: Local4Fitter on January 16, 2014, 08:26:48 PM
Thanks for the input guys. It's tough to find a saw that doesn't get some poor reviews.

Yeah, it doesn't matter what you choose, someone won't like it.  :D

Here's another suggestion.
http://www.baileysonline.com/Chainsaws/Chainsaws/Professional/Makita-Model-DCS-6421-Chainsaw-with-20-Bar-Chain.axd

Pro grade saw, 20" bar, well within your budget.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

brettl

+1 on that Ian

Can't beat those "budget-blue" Dolmars ;)

ZeroJunk

I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week if I spent $800 on a saw. Put a Meteor 036 top end on your 034. Replace the crank seals, impulse, and intake. Rebuild the carb and do something else  with the $600 you have left. I just did one and it runs as good as anything new you are going to find.

JohnG28

The Makita/Dolmars are nice looking and I'd like to see how one runs sometime. If you need and don't have a good dealer for it that could be a problem though. I wish I had 800 to play with for a saw right now!  There's been a NIB MS880 on cl for a while at $600 not far away.  ;D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Local4Fitter

Quote from: ZeroJunk on January 16, 2014, 10:02:46 PM
I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week if I spent $800 on a saw. Put a Meteor 036 top end on your 034. Replace the crank seals, impulse, and intake. Rebuild the carb and do something else  with the $600 you have left. I just did one and it runs as good as anything new you are going to find.
Hey, I don't set the prices on these things. I looked at the new 362 cm at the dealer and they are $759 + tax. I thought that might be comparable to the 034 that I have now. I would rather not spend that much but I don't want another piece of used junk. As far as a rebuild goes, I don't feel I know enough about it to do it properly. If ZeroJunk  or some of you other guys was my neighbor well then I could pick your brain and would be more comfortable.

mmartone

I never buy anyting new... I have bought some saws this year used and or at pawn shops, all needed a little something. My favorite is my 372xp pawn shop buy for $150 out the door, turned out the sparkplug was loose. I ported the muffler and adjusted the carb put a 32" bar w/skip chisel on it and *DanG its a great saw decent weight, tons of power few pulls with the choke on and fires up. I know there are many brands and models but I think the 372xp is a peoples favorite. Its not hard to find them at less than half of you budget. Good luck
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

JohnG28

A 362 should be close to your 034 power wise, probably a little more. If you're really looking for bang for your buck, the Husky 365/Jonsered2165 are about as good as you can get. Pro construction, new saw, good price. You could probably find a 431 Stihl, regular, not cm model, for somewhere around the price of the 362cm. That would be comparable to a 365 or 372 Husky.

Al_Smith

With an 036 top on an 034 it basically turns it into an 036 .An 034 super is already a 48 MM bore samo samo .

If that 034,AV or super which ever gets so it runs right I'd personally let well enough alone .Spending 7-800 for another saw that may or may not cut better seems rather counterintuative to me .

Now yeah a guy like myself might have 50 plus saws but keep in mind I'm a collector and a gear head .Besides the fact of being a tightwad and don't have much money in them to begin with .Just depends on how a persons head is screwed on I guess .

weimedog

Quote from: Local4Fitter on January 16, 2014, 10:54:40 AM
Here is my history. The only saw I ever bought brand new was a Husky 350 with 18" bar. I used it  around the house once in a while for a few years and never had an issue. I decided to get an owb. I used this saw to clear approx. 1/2 acre and cut a new driveway for log delivery.. Budget is around $800, and I'm not brand specific. I know I will get a lot of different opinions but you guys have a lot more experience in this area than I do. Knowing what you know which saws will fit the bill?

$800 is enough to get a pro level saw. Both Stihl and Husqvarna/Jonsered have offerings that are more than enough and "Pro" level reliable.

So I would ask two questions:
1) Do you have a good dealer with "logger" types as customers?
2) You in good shape?
Ok three...
3) Do you really have to spend all the $800..??

Since I know Husqvarna / Jonsered, I would say if and I mean IF you have a good dealer with those two brands, you could save 100-150 and get either the Jonsered 2166 or Husqvarna 365 and you would be very happy with those saws.

IF you have that good Husky/Jonsered dealer AND you are like me and age & arthritis is calculated into the decision, a 555 or Jonsered 2258 would be a great option AND you would save another few bucks.

Of course you can dump all that change into a 562xp/2260 or a 372xp/2172 and be a little happier with the extra snot and bling...but not as much as you might think!

If you don't have a good Husqvarna/Jonsered near buy, listen to the Stihl folks, they make great pro level saws as well. Just you will spend ALL of that $800 to match a good 365/2166!   :D
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

NCFarmboy

If it were me I would spring for 562XP or 2260.  Awesome power in a relatively light pkg.  Best value is 365XT (71cc) or 2166 Jred (71cc) or 6401 Makita/Dolmar.  I have both 6401 and 365XT/2166.  6401 upgraded will cost more than 365XT.  I love both.  My 6401 converted to 7900 is a "Beast" tho.  Depends on how much weight you want to carry.  Which puts me back to the 562.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

Local4Fitter

Quote from: weimedog on January 17, 2014, 10:59:42 AM
Quote from: Local4Fitter on January 16, 2014, 10:54:40 AM
Here is my history. The only saw I ever bought brand new was a Husky 350 with 18" bar. I used it  around the house once in a while for a few years and never had an issue. I decided to get an owb. I used this saw to clear approx. 1/2 acre and cut a new driveway for log delivery.. Budget is around $800, and I'm not brand specific. I know I will get a lot of different opinions but you guys have a lot more experience in this area than I do. Knowing what you know which saws will fit the bill?

$800 is enough to get a pro level saw. Both Stihl and Husqvarna/Jonsered have offerings that are more than enough and "Pro" level reliable.

So I would ask two questions:
1) Do you have a good dealer with "logger" types as customers?
2) You in good shape?
Ok three...
3) Do you really have to spend all the $800..??

Since I know Husqvarna / Jonsered, I would say if and I mean IF you have a good dealer with those two brands, you could save 100-150 and get either the Jonsered 2166 or Husqvarna 365 and you would be very happy with those saws.

IF you have that good Husky/Jonsered dealer AND you are like me and age & arthritis is calculated into the decision, a 555 or Jonsered 2258 would be a great option AND you would save another few bucks.

Of course you can dump all that change into a 562xp/2260 or a 372xp/2172 and be a little happier with the extra snot and bling...but not as much as you might think!

If you don't have a good Husqvarna/Jonsered near buy, listen to the Stihl folks, they make great pro level saws as well. Just you will spend ALL of that $800 to match a good 365/2166!   :D
To answer your questions 1) I do have a dealer that has loggers as customers and he sells both Husky and Stihl. 2) I think I'm in decent shape 5'11 200 lbs.not a marathon runner but I did recently run my buddies 3120 for a few hours. Like a dirt bike with a bar and chain. Wouldn't want to run it all the time. 3) No I don't want to spend any of the $800 but need something dependable and just about every saw mentioned has an msrp in the mid to low $700's add tax and some oil and I'm at $800. Every saw the dealer had were msrp,  can you haggle with them or are those prices firm? 

JohnG28

When you're spending that much money you can usually get some deal. One of the Stihl dealers near me, Hud-Son, a sponsor here, will give 10% off any new pro equipment they sell. Or at least every time I inquired about any they offered including one purchase. Others will throw in a few chains or some oil, something to make you get a little better deal. Ask around at different shops.

Holmes

Have you considered , spend some money fix the stihl and make it reliable ? That would be your 2nd saw. Spend what's left for a pro version Husky, Dolmar, Stihl, as your primary saw.  TWO good , reliable saws are twice as much fun as 1.   3 is better 4 is adequate   8)  :)   
Think like a farmer.

weimedog

[/quote] To answer your questions 1) I do have a dealer that has loggers as customers and he sells both Husky and Stihl. 2) I think I'm in decent shape 5'11 200 lbs.not a marathon runner but I did recently run my buddies 3120 for a few hours. Like a dirt bike with a bar and chain. Wouldn't want to run it all the time. 3) No I don't want to spend any of the $800 but need something dependable and just about every saw mentioned has an msrp in the mid to low $700's add tax and some oil and I'm at $800. Every saw the dealer had were msrp,  can you haggle with them or are those prices firm?
[/quote]

Husqvarna 365. A plain Jane 372, there are a bunch of YouTube video's on how to either swap or die grind the covers for the transfer ports to get 372 performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vdn_VzDYTY

The dealer here sells them for $650. Has one on the shelf. Says he can't sell them because all the pro guys want and spend the extra coin for either 562xp or 372xp...:) We have "farm exempt" tax status so don't pay sales tax on equipment...
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Local4Fitter

I like the way you think Holmes. I knew you were a smart guy the day I met you. I also like Weimedog's video and choice of saws. Maybe I will take the advice of both of you. Doug

gary courtney

I am very fond of the ms441c-m 's feel in the wood,tons of torque and rpm's constantly adjusting carb to cutting conditions. run one for 1 year not one issue! Starts mostly on second pull.

Holmes

I have the 460 ms is is a GREAT saw but it is big and heavy for me. I rather use the 029 or 025 for cutting the smaller up to 11" dia. fire wood.

When I was looking for the bigger saw I went into a Husky dealer and told him what I was looking for. He said he did not have that size saw in stock and I could cut down any size tree with any chain saw. He then grabber my right wrist and pushed me on my shoulder with his other hand  and asked me if I thought I was man enough to use a saw that big :o.  I told him I thought I could  ;D ;D and left, went to the Stihl dealer down the road and bought a used 460 ms for $450. Its a great saw and that really did happen.
Think like a farmer.

Local4Fitter

Quote from: Holmes on January 18, 2014, 10:36:33 AM
I have the 460 ms is is a GREAT saw but it is big and heavy for me. I rather use the 029 or 025 for cutting the smaller up to 11" dia. fire wood.

When I was looking for the bigger saw I went into a Husky dealer and told him what I was looking for. He said he did not have that size saw in stock and I could cut down any size tree with any chain saw. He then grabber my right wrist and pushed me on my shoulder with his other hand  and asked me if I thought I was man enough to use a saw that big :o.  I told him I thought I could  ;D ;D and left, went to the Stihl dealer down the road and bought a used 460 ms for $450. Its a great saw and that really did happen.
Sure you can cut any size tree with any saw, but how much time do you want to spend doing it? What town is that dealer in? Any experience with Orange Saws in Orange MA? The guys in parts dept. were helpful to me.

Holmes

Ive had them fix some hydraulic hoses and bought a saw there. I like them, They are very helpful, I also use Schofields in Leominster. The Husky dealer is gone now,  was in Leominster  There is also a place in Winchester NH. You could call around and see if any have used saws the size you are looking for
Think like a farmer.

weimedog

Saws aren't tough to work on, especially 372's! Should be able to find a good used one for under $500, or find a dead one and build it yourself for under $400.

One of the reasons I prefer the orange saws is how easy it is to work on them.

Bet you could replicate my 365 / 372 blend for $300....and that saw has cut hundred's of trees for saw logs and tops for firewood. All hard wood. Approx.. cost? A 365 with a stuck piston, $150-$175 at the most. A used "ok-salvageable" 372 cylinder, $50 bucks, bit of elbow grease to get the aluminum off the cylinder wall....2 hours time. A OEM piston, $80 bucks (Meteor $40), Carb kit, fuel line, pulse line, etc. $15. A couple of hours to stick it together, Total? $295-$315

Same situation with a new OEM top end...$150 + $275 = $425 (plus fuel line, carb kit etc.) $450 for a fresh saw.

Used? I see them around here typically for $450, but you don't know what you have for a while.

New 365XT....in the local shop right now for $650. Me? I would take the option one. Take the money saved and build another saw....  My wife complains, says to all my neighbor's my saws are having babies! I say, "you like the warm house w/o having to spend 3K a year in oil!"

A hobby that pays for itself. (If I made a living with the saw....a new 365 or 372.)

mad murdock

A McCulloch CP70 with a 20" bar would be THE ticket, if I was looking of a saw. New, I think Dolkita has the best value going. Good saws too. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Holmes

Chainsawr has some reconditioned saws. I was just looking at them. Does not hurt to take a look at what he has or give him a call.
Think like a farmer.

Al_Smith

It's all what you get used to working on .Myself it would McCullochs and Stihls .I usually end up with less that 200 bucks in a good running Stihl sometimes less .

Local4Fitter

Quote from: Holmes on January 19, 2014, 06:43:45 PM
  Chainsawr has some reconditioned saws. I was just looking at them. Does not hurt to take a look at what he has or give him a call.
I took a quick look on Chainsawr website and even searched used reconditioned chainsaws. Nothing came up. Does he not list complete saws? Probably need to call.

Ianab

QuoteI took a quick look on Chainsawr website and even searched used reconditioned chainsaws. Nothing came up. Does he not list complete saws? Probably need to call.

Home page, right down on lower left is a link to Refurbished Chainsaws, and he has some useful saws listed there.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Holmes

I had to scroll down the page to see the refurb saws.  A few to choose from
Think like a farmer.

Oliver1655

I believe Spike60 is a sponsor here & a Jonsered dealer with a great reputation.  You might consider seeing what prices he has.  I have a Jonsered saw I have been super pleased with. (I am also very happy with my Husqvarna.)
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

JohnG28

Local4Fitter

Quote from: JohnG28 on January 20, 2014, 07:28:31 AM
Here's the link.

http://store.chainsawr.com/collections/complete-chainsaws
Thanks for the link. I will check it out.
Quote from: Oliver1655 on January 19, 2014, 10:17:32 PM
I believe Spike60 is a sponsor here & a Jonsered dealer with a great reputation.  You might consider seeing what prices he has.  I have a Jonsered saw I have been super pleased with. (I am also very happy with my Husqvarna.)
I stopped at a Jonsered dealer on the way home from work. It's MLK day they were closed. I'll try again another time. I just took a look at the Chainsawr site. I want a 70cc saw so I clicked on a Jred 2172 and the description starts out "These 2172's are such junk! By some small miracle this one is still running. I got a chuckle out of that one. Then I said to myself at least they give they're honest opinion.

Local4Fitter

I had some time on my hands the last couple days so I read a lot of reviews on chainsaws. I read a lot of good stuff about the Husky 365sp. I e-mailed Chainsawr and he had an older 371xp and a newish 365sp. I ordered the 365 today. Should have it early next week. Going to Vegas Friday for a few days for our anniversary. Don't tell my wife but I'm excited to come home and cut some wood. Thanks Holmes for the heads up on our sponsor Chainsawr. They were great on the phone when I ordered.

Holmes

I was curious about your decision. That's a great anniversary present for your wife. 8) 8)   I hope she likes the chainsaw as much as my wife liked the snow blower, self propelled lawn mower, ice fishing tackle and other great stuff I got her for presents. ;D 8) ;D
Think like a farmer.

Local4Fitter

She hasn't even seen half the presents I've bought her over the years. I keep em in my gun safes. :)

Holmes

Quote from: Local4Fitter on January 22, 2014, 09:44:06 PM
She hasn't even seen half the presents I've bought her over the years. I keep em in my gun safes. :)

:D :D :D
Think like a farmer.

weimedog

Quote from: Local4Fitter on January 22, 2014, 08:57:23 PM
I ordered the 365 today. Should have it early next week. d.

Those are nice saw's. Think you are going to be pleased. AND should the tinkering bug hit, they are a bolt apart and back together with 372 top end afternoon fun saws too. Have two 365/372's that hybrid way and one 365 stock. All three are perfect all around saws.

Local4Fitter

Quote from: weimedog on January 23, 2014, 08:06:06 AM
Quote from: Local4Fitter on January 22, 2014, 08:57:23 PM
I ordered the 365 today. Should have it early next week. d.

Those are nice saw's. Think you are going to be pleased. AND should the tinkering bug hit, they are a bolt apart and back together with 372 top end afternoon fun saws too. Have two 365/372's that hybrid way and one 365 stock. All three are perfect all around saws.
what is the difference in rpm and chainspeed. Sounds like a fun project. Wouldn't do it til it was necessary.

John Mc

I'm guessing it's more of a torque difference than a change in RPM / chain speed.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

JohnG28

RIM is rotations per minute,  which is the speed the engine is turning. Chain speed is just that, the speed the chain spins on the bar. Changing the drive sprocket to 7 or 8 or whatever number of teeth will increase or decrease chain speed, and also torque as John McCain said.

John Mc

Quote from: JohnG28 on January 23, 2014, 12:29:36 PM
... and also torque as John McCain said.

BTW... I'm not John McCain

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Local4Fitter

RIM is rotations per minute,  which is the speed the engine is turning. Chain speed is just that, the speed the chain spins on the bar. Changing the drive sprocket to 7 or 8 or whatever number of teeth will increase or decrease chain speed, and also torque as John McCain said.
I know what R.P.M (R.I.M. typo?) and chain speed are. I was wondering what the difference between 365 and 372 were if I went the way of a 372 hybrid in the future.

weimedog

It's sort of funny all the speculations....actually the 372 runs a few more hundred rpm's no load, and have a bit more over all power. period. But the 365 has a smooth power band that likes to start pulling a little earlier and will run strong a little lower in the rpm's, just not quite as hard as a 372 when its at its sweet rpm spot all things being equal. With an 18 inch bar's is real close, chain speed theoretically being the difference....20in you start seeing the power difference. I guess on paper the 372 should be a run away performance advantage, out in the woods....not as much difference as you might think. Fact is if you run your 365 and NEVER heard of the 372, you would be real pleased. Only reading crap here will put that bug in your mind that grass is a little greener in 372 land. Maybe if you were making a living with it and that extra couple of seconds per tree add up a 372 is a clear choice. For 95 percent of us, the 365 is a great saw, one that makes the work go by fast as its fun to run with a good sharp chain. Great saw.

Here's the old fat guy running one of his....( Guess I put my money where my heart is..)

This a "Scrambled Egg" saw. That's a saw built out of a pile of junker parts.. 4 saws blended with a Meteor brand piston to make one  :D This saw is running a bit fat as its real cold here now in the single digit range, that day was a balmy 20 degree's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv6hxyf1VH8

JohnG28

Quote from: John Mc on January 23, 2014, 01:06:50 PM
... and also torque as John McCain said.

BTW... I'm not John McCain

John Mc

Sorry John, auto correct on the phone!  Didn't even notice.

JohnG28

Quote from: Local4Fitter on January 23, 2014, 05:43:42 PM
I know what R.P.M (R.I.M. typo?) and chain speed are. I was wondering what the difference between 365 and 372 were if I went the way of a 372 hybrid in the future.

Sorry, didn't mean to be insulting,  just answering your question in basic terms. And yes, RPM,  auto correct again.

Local4Fitter

Never took it as an insult. I was more or less explaining what I was asking about. I really wasn't very clear when I wrote the question. In my head It was, but when you read it sounds like I'm asking a silly question. Wiemedog nice video buddy. Great job on the saw. How do you get the wood back to the house? Subaru skidder? :D

weimedog

1066.... :) (International 1066)

This one that's now on snow plow duty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHszaf88rss

chainsawr

I was very happy with that 365sp, and I think you will be too.  It is exactly the type and size of saw you need and only cost half your budget!

I really need to keep that reconditioned used chainsaw section of the website more updated, but it is so hard with typically 20+ rebuilt used saws ready to go at any given time, and inventory changing daily.  At this point it pretty much just has my special projects on there like my new 266xp, and restored 041av, along with some wonderfull saws I just plain hate like that 2172 (but I got to do something with it right?).

Just as an FYI for readers we pretty much always have our favorite types of used saws ready to go: Husqvarna 357xp/359, 365/372xp, 266/272xp series.  Stihl 044/046, ms440/ms460, 026/MS260, 036/MS360 and usually one or two big dogs in the 064/066 or 394/395 range.

Just call or email.
www.chainsawr.com

Over 50,000 parts in stock.

Selling excellent Dolmar chainsaws and power equipment.

High volume Oregon bar and chain dealer.

Local4Fitter

Quote from: chainsawr on January 24, 2014, 06:28:38 AM
I was very happy with that 365sp, and I think you will be too.  It is exactly the type and size of saw you need and only cost half your budget!

I really need to keep that reconditioned used chainsaw section of the website more updated, but it is so hard with typically 20+ rebuilt used saws ready to go at any given time, and inventory changing daily.  At this point it pretty much just has my special projects on there like my new 266xp, and restored 041av, along with some wonderfull saws I just plain hate like that 2172 (but I got to do something with it right?).

Just as an FYI for readers we pretty much always have our favorite types of used saws ready to go: Husqvarna 357xp/359, 365/372xp, 266/272xp series.  Stihl 044/046, ms440/ms460, 026/MS260, 036/MS360 and usually one or two big dogs in the 064/066 or 394/395 range.

Just call or email.
A member here (Holmes) recommended your website, and to be honest, I saw your ad here but didn't need parts at the time. I was looking for a complete saw. It took me a couple visits to your website to find the refurb chainsaw at the bottom of the home page. I'm glad I found it, because I'm very happy spending half of what I thought I would. Ever since I got the OWB bug a few years ago The Forestry Forum and it's sponsors have been a wonderful resource. Looking forward to running my, new to me, 365 next week. Hope it warms up a bit, -5 here this morning.

Jiles

I have worked on small engines for over fifty years. If anyone asked my opinion as to the best recommendation for a chainsaw, I always suggested Stihl or Husqvarna. That was before I took a Makita on trade.
It was an older Makita DCS520i. I had worked on these saws and liked the way they were built, just never personally owned one.
Today, Makita/Dolmar is at the top of my recommendation!
Personally, I do not like a clamshell design saw as well as separated crank/cylinder.
Out of 13 chainsaws--Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, Dolmar/Makita--I always go to the Makita as first choice.
Satisfy needs before desires

Local4Fitter

Got home from Vegas last night and there was the (new to me) 365sp I bought through Chainsawr. This morning I put the bar on added oil and fuel. I fired up the saw and it ran great. I ran a tank through the saw. So far so good. This saw didn't feel any heavier than my Stihl 034 and breezed right through each cut without bogging down. I really like this saw.

chainsawr

www.chainsawr.com

Over 50,000 parts in stock.

Selling excellent Dolmar chainsaws and power equipment.

High volume Oregon bar and chain dealer.

Thank You Sponsors!