iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Too many things on want list

Started by milkie62, January 16, 2014, 12:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milkie62

Hello everyone,I am new on here.Looks like a great forum and getting alot of good ideas already.I have a Kubota M6800 4x4 tractor.I guess it should be a great tractor for the woods since it has front AND rear diff locks.I need to replace my std bucket with a quick detach since I would like to add forks at some point and a heavier duty bucket with digging teeth etc.Have been looking at winches and toss up between the farmi 501 and I think the equivelent wallenstein.Can't decide which so I need help.Dealers for both are close.How about some place to buy a grapple setup for my bucket....Thanks for any info  Ed

BargeMonkey

Welcome to the forum.  If you watch the "want-ad" closely there are always attachments for sale. I have a fork grapple from u.s.a attachments thats held up pretty good and is very vesatile.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

milkie62,welcome to the forum. How many hp is that tractor? I don't think it matters much what kind of winch. Kinda like a Husky- Stihl chainsaw. I would hold off on the forks. Members will be here to post about thier grapples. I almost feel a grapple is better than forks.
Just so you know,don't winch at sharp angles. Try to keep somewhat straight. I also made up some short chains for mine. I really like them for the small stuff. These are 4 feet long. A winch and a grapple would be a good set up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mad murdock

Welcome milkie62!  Sounds like a nice tractor, check out Hud-Son forestry Edit: (were? a forum sponsor), they have a lot more than band mills.  They are a dealer for forestry winches as well for tractor applications, as well as grapples, and a host of other products.
:new_year:
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!