iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky XP 288 for cheap?

Started by ReggieT, January 15, 2014, 01:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReggieT

Friend of mine sent me this and said it can be bought for $150 cash.
Just serviced, new chain & a 25" bar...I'm a Stihl man myself but this kinda tempts me....

I have "no point of reference" on Huskys what so ever....HELP!!

What would you want to know about this saw...compression, leaks, walls scored....etc??  :P ???
HELP!

Reggie

brettl

All of the above. I'm a Stihl man but the things you mentioned apply to any saw.

Looks well used but not busted up. The fact that it's been just serviced may indicate a well-kept saw.

As I understand your post, you have saw in hand? Might as well check these things you've mentioned and do some cutting while you're at it. Let it get to operating temp and see how it performs.

beenthere

Now from the pic, looks like it has some leaks.

Will be interested in hearing how it works out for you.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ReggieT

That is chunks of missing paint on an old cement floor...I already blew the pic up & no don't have it in hand just yet...hmmm :-\

brettl

Oh what torture! >:( Well, I hope when you do get it, all is good. I don't really know anything about Husky prices but it sounds reasonable. Since we're both Stihl guys and speaking of reasonable, I just picked up what looks to be a well kept 440 Magnum for $240. Ran it but haven't cut with it yet. Fingers crossed.

ReggieT

YIKES....A 440!!! 8) :snowball:
Great Score Bro!!!

NCFarmboy

If it were me I would have bought it before he changed his mind.  288 is a bullet proof beast!  Jump don't wait.  Most bring $250 or better on Ebay.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

coxy

288 was the BEST saw that husky made  they will never make a saw that good again never ;D

AdkStihl

I'm looking for any 288 parts to build up a set of cases I have sittin under the bench  ;)
J.Miller Photography

Thank You Sponsors!