iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seafood chowder

Started by moosehunter, January 12, 2014, 09:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Went fishing with a friend in October. 

Yesterday I decided I needed some chowder.
Started with 1/2 lb of bacon, cooked and drained of most of the grease, set the bacon aside.
In the bacon grease went two med. onions, cut into 3/4 in chunks and 1/2 stick of butter.
Cooked til onions soft.
Added thyme and three cups of real clam juice ( we save it when we steam clams)
Added two lbs potatoes chopped to 1/3 inch chunks
Cook til potatoes soft on outside, firm center add pepper while potatoes are cooking.
Add 1.5 lbs Swordfish, 1 inch cubes, then 1 lb peeled shrimp.
It was awesome!! 8) 
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

goose63

food3 digin_2 musteat_1 that did it now I gotta stuff my belly and take a nape
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

LeeB

They had shrimp soup on the chow line tonight. A little bit of roux and it would have made a pretty good gumbo. Don't think they know much about gumbo though.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sawguy21

That chowder sounds very good. MMmm
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moosehunter

I forgot two things above -
Just as the fish gets done add the bacon back in, then 16 oz heavy cream.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

:D :D, man that looks good! Can't believe you forgot the bacon and cream ;D  I thought you were holding out for a minute ;D  best grilled fish I've had was by way of a sword fish steak!  I know that stuff was killer,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Wellmud

That REALLY sounds good. I am having chili for supper, somehow I feel like I really got cheated!
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

Thank You Sponsors!