iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Customer's projects pictures thread

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 11, 2014, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mt406

Wow Nice.
A friend of mine is making some live edge tables from White Bark pine.
These trees were bug killed, one tree I have is over 200 years old and is only 12''
She dose wood burning and has finished on peace and is still working on a table with a whole mtn scene.
They are for sale if any one is interested, 5% go's to the forum or what ever percentage it is.
She say she can do almost any thing. When I get a photo of the table I will post.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Both redbeard and MT406's projects are very artistic to say the least.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

Our local game processor was at the house and asked what I did with this stuff and that he wanted a bunch of it for putting a rustic look on his shed. Between this and probably a couple elk sheds it looks to me like my elk is getting cut up for free again. Everyone's happy. ;D
He told me a few folks have stopped wanting to take pictures and his wife likes it enough that she wants a fence to suit it.
Allan

iwiegian

Wow! some nice work that's for sure.

reswire

Makes me want to pick up a hammer... wish I knew how to use one like those fellas!   :-\
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

brianb88

WoW!  These are some really cool pictures.   :)
Measure twice, cut once

tule peak timber

YAHOO !! What a bunch of terrific projects. The outdoor kitchen is stunning... 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

woodNthings

Cut some ERC not long ago, the customer put it to use as a chest and sided the interior of a room for clothes and hunting gear storage. 

'10 WM LT33 Hyd.
'80s Case rough terrain forklift
'54 Farmall Super A
'01 Duramax

tmarch

Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

mart

Not really a customer but a really good friend. He's a heavy equipment operator and is always getting logs for us so I cut lumber for him in exchange for some logs. He and I went to high school together back in Northern New York and didn't know until a few months ago we were living a half a mile apart here in Alaska. I cut a bunch of his spruce logs and few cedar poles (the 6x6's) for this car port on the rental they just bought. He used to have a big circle mill back east and has taught me a lot about sawing.

I was young and dumb once. I got over being young a long time ago.

LT15 w/19 hp - 24' bed
Branson 3725
Stihl MS362
Husqvarna 450

Magicman

Nice.  Congrats also on "finding" your friend.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

RPowers

I resawed some old oak timbers for a customer who wanted them squared to 6x8 so he could crosscut them on his miter saw. Said he was going to tile a floor with them. Last night he emailed me a picture of his finished floor. How neat is that?

2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on January 16, 2014, 09:20:20 AM
A customer just sent me in some pictures of a table he made and sold out of a slab of maple I sold him.
And the legs are some pieces of walnut he got from me also.

Here are some of the photos:

The top was from a tree from Gloucester, MA and the walnut came out of the same log I got the bowl planks from, I think.

This guy has just bought a house with a huge barn in Southern NH, where he will be making furniture in a shop there and selling custom made stuff.
He is going to get more maple slabs from me and make more tables.
When I visit his shop/showroom, I'll take some more pictures.

Jim Rogers

PS. the piece of glass appears to be inlaid so that it is flush with the maple top surface.

If you look back to this post, and see the table with the piece of glass in it, I'll tell you a story about it.
A lady came to see me about getting some lumber for a fence or something like that. And she saw the round edge pieces of pine boards that I was stacking up to be edged later on into regular square edge lumber.
She asked me what was going to happen to these pieces. I told her.
She said she saw online somewhere a table that had a piece of glass in-laid between two pieces of round edge slabs.
I told her I knew of this table as one of my customer's made it.
She called it a "river" table.
She said the two round edge pieces made the "banks" of the river and that the glass was the water.
She said she was an artist and she was always doing some different things with wood.

Later that day she called me again and wanted to come back and buy some of the round edge pieces to make up a table top.
She did and I sold her some.
I haven't seen the finished product but I thought it was an interesting story.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Leigh Family Farm

RPowers, thats impressive! Talk about time consuming but what a great end result.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

beenthere

QuoteLast night he emailed me a picture of his finished floor. How neat is that?

Looks very good.. at least when brand new.
Time will tell how happy they will be after a couple years of normal traffic, use, maintenance and the shrinking and swelling that will take place. Hope they will still be happy with their wood block floor.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tule peak timber

tule peak timber

Would it be possible to get information from your friend on the adhesive, caulking, and finish he decided on.Tell him I think his job looks great ! ;D Get him to join the FF !  Rob

terrifictimbersllc

Flooring done by one of my customers (have to click to start the video, and wait for the commercial to end):

http://www.wfsb.com/story/22515479/glastonbury-man-builds-home-out-of-fallen-trees
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

tule peak timber

Fun video Terrific...Is that you piloting the Woodschmoozer ?

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: tule peak timber on August 14, 2014, 01:07:30 PM
Fun video Terrific...Is that you piloting the Woodschmoozer ?
Yep, check out the log bouncing right onto the arms instead of onto me!  ::) ::) ::) smiley_bouncing smiley_bouncing smiley_bouncing
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

RPowers

Very Nice, love the contrast in that wide maple, and the ambrosia baseboards!
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on August 14, 2014, 01:00:04 PM
Flooring done by one of my customers (have to click to start the video, and wait for the commercial to end):

http://www.wfsb.com/story/22515479/glastonbury-man-builds-home-out-of-fallen-trees

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

JustinW_NZ

Here's a couple of pics of an outdoor table that a customer made from Eucalyptus timber we were milling, these were a couple of slabs I through aside, they thought they had a better use and I have to agree!!

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Thank You Sponsors!