iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Customer's projects pictures thread

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 11, 2014, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Do we have one thread where we post pictures of customer's projects?

I thought we did.

If we don't we should start one.

I recently got a couple.

About a week or so ago, I got this one from a fellow who bought some walnut from me to turn a bowl:

He wanted a photo of the log it came from to show the person who got the bowl. He is a beginner bowl turner. And he knows he's got a lot to learn. He was requested more bowl blanks but will get back to me later on when he has exact details of what he wants.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

LeeB

Biibyman started a thread several years back, but I can't remember the name of it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

bandmiller2

Its rewarding to see someone build something beautiful with the wood you cut. I've cut some really pretty stuff for folks but I know DanGed well it will rot in a pile. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

MIsawyer

Magicman

It is always rewarding to watch a customer's trees go

from logs

to stickered lumber

and then to wall paneling

in his new home.   :)   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

I am truly amazed at some of the projects customers build with my (their ;D) wood. 
I post many of the projects on my web page (with their permission).   Two of my favorite ones are the harp that a customer's dad built for his granddaughter for Christmas, and the "Man Cave" a fellow built for the basement of his new house.
YH

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

thecfarm

That harp and girl is a very nice picture.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dboyt

Here are a few pieces made from an old walnut root that had been down for about eight years.

Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Nomad

Logs...

Lumber...

Final use.

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

LeeB

After I quit slobbering over the old cars, I noticed a mighty fine building around them.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

MSSawmill

Quote from: LeeB on January 13, 2014, 10:36:59 AM
After I quit slobbering over the old cars, I noticed a mighty fine building around them.
I had the same problem!
Home-built bandsaw mill
2004 Kubota M110 with LA1301 loader

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

strunk57

Im sure many of you have seen this, but i have to post again. Logs

Lumber

Partitioned basement

99 timberking b-20. John deere 450c loader. 79 Chevy c-60 95 GMC 2500, Craftsman tablesaw, Dewalt 735 13" planer, stihl ms-290 Stihl 029, Husqvarna 394xp, dewalt router & table, various sanders/hand tools.

caveman

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5http://www.forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=54http://www.forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5464&pid=150000#top_display_media64&pid=149999#top_display_media464&pid=149998#top_display_media
A few months ago, Jmoore and I sawed a longleaf pine log to provide a little lumber for one of our friends who was teaching an ag mechanics class at a nearby college.  He had each of the students plane their boards and build an "A" shaped tool box as a class project using woodworking tools.  The boards that were left over were used to build this t.v. shelf in his house.  Yesterday he came by to pick up some 2" x 12" s to replace the blue/gray steps seen in the picture.  He does not own a table saw, lost most of his right hand in an accident when he was a young man and made all of the cuts with a circular saw.  I was impressed.  I look forward to seeing the new steps.
Caveman
Caveman

Jim_Rogers

A customer just sent me in some pictures of a table he made and sold out of a slab of maple I sold him.
And the legs are some pieces of walnut he got from me also.

Here are some of the photos:

The top was from a tree from Gloucester, MA and the walnut came out of the same log I got the bowl planks from, I think.

This guy has just bought a house with a huge barn in Southern NH, where he will be making furniture in a shop there and selling custom made stuff.
He is going to get more maple slabs from me and make more tables.
When I visit his shop/showroom, I'll take some more pictures.

Jim Rogers

PS. the piece of glass appears to be inlaid so that it is flush with the maple top surface.

Magicman

Very nice.  Thanks for that "PS".  My eyes were trying to figure it out.   smiley_dizzy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

Jim I really like his idea of using the glass pane as a guide to straight line the cut to get best book end match.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Jim_Rogers

Another table by my customer from a red oak slab he got from me:

Interesting.

Jim Rogers

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

redbeard

We have been working on this one for several years customer plans on finishing it this spring. I think the rock work is almost done. Its a Outdoor Kitchen lots of curves in the roof.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Jim_Rogers

Wow, just doesn't say enough.

Thanks for posting.

Jim Rogers

thecfarm

redbeard,for once in my life if I went there,I would not be looking to see what was cooking.  ;D

1woodguy

Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

Nomad

THAT has to be one of the neatest structures I've ever seen!!! 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!