iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TSC B&C Oil

Started by Rob5073, January 09, 2014, 07:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob5073

Looks like County Line Chain oil is on sale at Tractor Supply, at least in Texas.  I picked up a gallon for $6.50 tax incl.

thecfarm

Add another dollar here in Maine.  ::)  It's on sale for $6.99 than 5 or 6% on top of that. Sale is good until Feb 23. I have about 20 gallons,but I only will buy when it's on sale. probably get about 10 more gallons.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trapper

tsc bar oil $6.00 gal in appleton wi. Down from $6.99.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

thecfarm

Must be shipping cost that makes it higher here in Maine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

No it's because y'all have more money . ;D

thecfarm

More money?? Better get on that Best Oil thread to spread your knowledge. Your knowledge of Maine is way off.  :D

WmFritz

Quote from: thecfarm on January 09, 2014, 07:17:46 PM
Add another dollar here in Maine.  ::)  It's on sale for $6.99 than 5 or 6% on top of that. Sale is good until Feb 23. I have about 20 gallons,but I only will buy when it's on sale. probably get about 10 more gallons.

Ray, you may be a bar oil hoarder. lol lol
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Al_Smith

:D Well maybe if he had a 150.Ten gallon no .

Now then TSC .What on earth has happened to that place .All that reasonabley priced oil is now under a new name and it isn't nearly as inexpensive .

thecfarm

I was wrong. I don't have 20 gallons. I have 31. I went to check on one of the jugs to see if it said new and improved on it. Since they charge more and a new name for it,I thought it might be new and improved too.  :D

woodandtractors

I can hope it's improved-oil I bought at TSC 2 yrs. ago (bar oil)wouldn't go through the oiler in my wood processor unless the temp was over 70 degrees.
Mike
Still plays with tractors-IH of course!

Rob5073

Quote from: thecfarm on January 10, 2014, 05:34:58 PM

I think it's a wash.  In order to buy live Maine lobster in Texas you have to pledge your firstborn!

Big timber little dozer

Quote from: Rob5073 on January 12, 2014, 02:50:47 AM

I think it's a wash.  In order to buy live Maine lobster in Texas you have to pledge your firstborn!
its becuase lobster maine lobster is the best and worth more than your child
Yep that's what I thought

Rob5073

Quote from: Big timber little dozer on January 12, 2014, 07:59:46 AM
Quote from: Rob5073 on January 12, 2014, 02:50:47 AM

its becuase lobster maine lobster is the best and worth more than your child

I wholeheartedly agree with that!

Alcranb

$7.00 in Mass. and our lobsters are good but not as good as Maine  :D
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

thecfarm

Them Texas guys can buy the lobster for that,but that shipping cost is what cost them thier first born.  :D

Alcranb

It's all the tolls one has to pay just to get it out of Maine  :'(
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

thecfarm

I can understand the tolls,but every five miles I don't like. Have not been out of the state of Maine for about 6-7 years. I bet the tolls have gone up a little.  :D

Al_Smith

I had forgotten how creative the legislative bodies were are creating revenue in some of the New England states .I spent about a year and a half in Conn. when I wore the thirteen button blues .Geeze every ten-fifeteen  miles and just about every bridge had a toll .

Maine lobster is tasty,highly over rated though not to mention over priced .

clww

Every thread turns to food! :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Sonofman

Grits, Grits, Grits. There, 'nuf said.
Located due west of Due West.

thecfarm

All the way from food found in Yankee land to grits.

Al_Smith

--not to mention a dollar more tarrif to the good people in Maine just to buy TSC bar oil---

Rob5073

Lobster and grits..... Don't think I have the guts to try that combo.

sweetjetskier

So, We have been running TSC bar oil for over 3 years with great results.

When its on sale we grab as much as we can, it works as well as the big OPE suppliers but at a manageable price point.
Arborist, Horticulturist, Nursery and Turfgrass Professional with 27 years experience.

Al_Smith

I don't know what got into that TSC bunch the last couple of years .All the sudden they push Husqvarna oils and hid the cheap stuff .Geeze the price on that I just drove a half mile the other direction and bought it from the Stihl shop,cheaper .

Now when you can buy anything that says Stihl on it cheaper than TSC I'd say they are out of line with their pricing .

Thank You Sponsors!