iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

temp on odwb

Started by coxy, January 06, 2014, 09:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

just wanted to know if I was wright      on the adjustable( aqua stat ) ? there are 2 settings the notch in the center is set to where the temp is low like 190 the draft should open and the notch on the right is the high like 200 the draft should close  I think this is wright  but please tell me if its not

thecfarm

I have a Heatmor.might be diffeant. I think I have mine about 15° lower off each of your settings. I forgot,but yours seem high.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dusty Rhodes

I set mine to operate between 160F and 180F.   At least that is what my owners manual recommends and the highest limit I can set my aquastat is just  a hair above 180 F.  If my water temperature hits 200 F the furnace blower shuts off and stays off until reset. Not sure Pex is rated for higher than 180 F.   

doctorb

CB maxes out the high temp at 195 deg.  They state that higher upper limits of water temp than that can lead to boil over. 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Corley5

Mines set on a 10 degree on off differential.  On at 175.  Off at 185.  I'll back that down to 165 175 when this cold blast is over.  I can set mine higher but at 190 it's boiling on top of the firebox.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

gspren

On my P&M you set the high and a differential for the kick on. If I have the high on 180 when the blower kicks off the actual temp will climb to about 183 before it starts back down.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!