iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer id help

Started by arkansas, January 06, 2014, 01:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansas

Guys been awhile but am back playing in the wood business.  Came up with a Woodmizet that
has been very hot as in fire hot and would like to figure out what model an so forth it is.  Any help please.
Working on a hot LT40HD for now

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Can you tell us a little about what you see.....or please post some pictures so we can come close to guessing what you have. :)

Thanks.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

arkansas

Will do on pics. I know we all like them.  Phone to cold to work Atm. Only camera
I have right now.  Looks like all hydlic.

Is there serial numbers any where on this thing?

Ocklawahaboy

My mizer has a SN up near the trailer tongue but I don't think it would withstand a fire.  I don't  know if there is one stamped on it.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What engine does it have on it...or can you tell?

thecfarm

Do you have the owners name? State,city where the mill was located? Could WM track it down that way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

arkansas

Ok, I give, pics from phone maybe more than I can do

arkansas

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If I were a betting man......I would not bet a penny on what model it is.

But I am a guessing man and I would say an LT 40. The year, just guessing.....2000 or up.

This is like a Christmas Contest.  :).......and I want some Jam!

drobertson

I believe you are right on it being hydraulic, and have to say it looks a mess. I am thinking you are more into salvage recovery than the wood thing for now ;D  hope all goes well,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

arkansas

Hope not just junk lots of work before and AFTER

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: arkansas on January 06, 2014, 08:03:06 PM
Hope not just junk lots of work before and AFTER

Some people like rebuilding stuff....You sound like one of those ARK.
It'll be fun! Just keep posting pics of your progress. Before long, you'll be sawing!  :)

jamesamd

Unless the steel has been annealed  :(
I hope not so ;)

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Ga Mtn Man

It could use a little paint.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Nomad

Son.  You got yourself a project there :o
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

mesquite buckeye

If it didn't warp from the heat, you might be able to rebuild it. :-\ :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

isawlogs

I would put my 2¢ on it being a super LT40HD I would also contact Woodmizer and see what a new head assembly would cost. the bed and trailer look good to me, it still has paint, hydraulics can be refitted with some elbow grease.

Good luck , you have a project there my friend.   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

AnthonyW

Where are you guys seeing hydraulics? I see a manual log turner in the middle and nothing connected to the backstops.

I would love to see some pictures of the side it is laying on.
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: isawlogs on January 06, 2014, 08:49:54 PM
I would put my 2¢ on it being a super LT40HD I would also contact Woodmizer and see what a new head assembly would cost. the bed and trailer look good to me, it still has paint, hydraulics can be refitted with some elbow grease.

Good luck , you have a project there my friend.   :)

The Supers didn't come in black.  :D

Ga Mtn Man

At least it came with a blade.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Brucer

In the first photo you can see the brackets and hydraulic cylinders for the toeboards, so it's definitely a hydraulic mill.

The square tube for the clamp is visible in all three photos -- that's the old style that preceded the two axis clamp. I ran a '96 mill with the old style clamp and I recall someone on here with a '97 mill that had the new clamp. So it is '96 or older.

The angled barce members for the outer frame are 4x4, which was the style in '96 and still is the standard. Earlier mills had a 2x2 brace. The swinging bed rails are supported on the frame with the 4x4 braces, but were cantilivered with the 2x2 braces. I don't have a date for when WM switched from 2x2 braces to 4x4 braces.

I'm pretty sure it's a standard hydraulic and not a super hydraulic. The clue is in the second and third pictures, where you can see the pulley for the carriage feed shaft. On the standard hydraulic mills the carriage feed motor is tucked down in between the feed shaft and the battery box; it points toward the frame. On the super the feed motor rises up ahead of the carriage and sticks out over the tire. Can't be certain. The best way to tell for sure is to count the hydraulic pumps in the control box. 1 = standard, 2 = super.

So, for sure it's a LT40 hydraulic, 1996 or earlier but not too much earlier. Probably a standard hydraulic.

Anyone got an older LT40 with the 2x2 bracing from the main frame to the outer frame?
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

isawlogs

I have the 2x2 and its a '93 , Not sure when the rollers where added to the side supports, but I do beleive it was '95 '96 ...  It is a LT40HD for sure , now as you mentioned the super will be ditermined when the pumps , or a pic of the mill from another angle.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Brucer

Well that narrows it down to a three year window :).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Chuck White

Definately Hydraulic!

I agree, mid-90's LT40HD!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jim H

I'd say it's a 1997 standard hyd. That was a transitional year, the supers had the 2 plane clamp, the standard didn't get it until '98. They used the same frame with a bump-out in the frame at the clamp to allow for the 2 plane feature. A super would also have the heavier feed system.
2008 LT40HDG28, autoclutch, debarker, stihl 026, 046, ms460 bow, 066, JD 2350 4wd w/245 loader, sawing since '94 fulltime since '98

Thank You Sponsors!