iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade advice

Started by strunk57, January 05, 2014, 09:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strunk57

Hello all again,

I have a question......or two. I have searched the forum but cant really find the info I seek.

I have around 20 used blades sitting around, and almost out. I ordered a box of 15 the last time but don't remember/ cant find who I ordered them from, I am very happy with the blades. I need new blades NOW. have a couple jobs coming up and have nothing to do them with.

There is a place that is about 30 min away that Sharpens, sets, and cleans for $5 a blade. I know that's a good price, BUT my blades have been sitting outside unfolded and have gathered some rust. Is this still alright to take the to sharpen/clean?
99 timberking b-20. John deere 450c loader. 79 Chevy c-60 95 GMC 2500, Craftsman tablesaw, Dewalt 735 13" planer, stihl ms-290 Stihl 029, Husqvarna 394xp, dewalt router & table, various sanders/hand tools.

HaroldSiefke

They should be fine. If it bothers you throw them on your mill and make a cut or two with them. That should clean them up. Good luck and  happy sawing
Harold

strunk57

makes sense, I don't know why I didn't think about that.  Thanks a lot.
99 timberking b-20. John deere 450c loader. 79 Chevy c-60 95 GMC 2500, Craftsman tablesaw, Dewalt 735 13" planer, stihl ms-290 Stihl 029, Husqvarna 394xp, dewalt router & table, various sanders/hand tools.

drobertson

I agree, nothing worse than a dirty rusty ole blade, very doable, just makes a better mind set when sharpening a clean one,  I have used scotch pads on them before, just roll the blade backwards by hand and the snags won't be so bad on the pad. Either way a clean blade would be better to bring in for sharpening.
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!