iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmaster 712 parts supply?

Started by reswire, January 02, 2014, 09:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reswire

Does anyone know where the best place to buy woodmaster planer/molder parts would be?  I am looking at the dealer site, but was wondering if anyone knows of another avenue like "aftermarket" etc.?
Thanks,
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

sawwood

Weswire i have the 18" woodmaster and i buy my moulding knifes at a place for half of the dealer cost. There
are a couple of outher places that sell knifes. As for parts i don't know of any place that does. Not sure what
parts you are looking for. If i can help i live close to Woodmaster and can see if they have any used parts.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

pineywoods

Any particular parts you need ? Just about any part on that machine is readily available at any industrial supplier. I know of one guy who busted the planer head, and I managed to break a molding knife holder. Both cases were er "operator induced ". Support from woodmaster is excellent. I make my own molding knives with a homemade setup.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

jdtuttle

I buy my planer blades & profile knives from moldingknives.com. Not sure about parts, I usually go to woodmaster for that.
Have a great day

reswire

Thanks for the info.  I'm not sure what I need just yet, I'm going to try it out this week I hope.  There is a roller in place now, and the previous owner said he bought it at auction, and hasn't tried it at all.  I did get some knives with it, and he also gave me a "sanding shaft", with some extra sand paper.  I'd like to use it to cut material to correct width, and I'm not sure if that requires a separate roller to hold the blades.  I suppose I should try and locate a brochure of this model, in order to find out how it works.  Do you think it is "self explanatory", or is a brochure a necessity?
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

jdtuttle

You should hve a shaft with planer blades & a thinner diameter shaft for the saw blades for ripping.
Have a great day

pineywoods

The saws, sanding drum, and molding head all mount on a hefty steel shaft with a full length keyway. The sanding drum uses a larger, single groove pulley with a longer belt. The planer head is a bit different. It mounts on 2 tapered stub shafts held in place by through bolts. Be aware that the through bolt on the pulley end is LEFT HANDED threads. I have the 18 inch version, the only failure has been a broken feed roller pulley (casting flaw)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

reswire

Quote from: pineywoods on January 04, 2014, 11:18:02 AM
The saws, sanding drum, and molding head all mount on a hefty steel shaft with a full length keyway. The sanding drum uses a larger, single groove pulley with a longer belt. The planer head is a bit different. It mounts on 2 tapered stub shafts held in place by through bolts. Be aware that the through bolt on the pulley end is LEFT HANDED threads. I have the 18 inch version, the only failure has been a broken feed roller pulley (casting flaw)

I hate to be a pain in the neck, but could you send pics of the shafts?  I've got two shafts, but not too sure of which does what.     I'll guess I should call woodmaster tomorrow and see if they have books for the older machines.  I really do appreciate your help and info.
Thanks, thanks, again.
reswire

Thank You Sponsors!