iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time to Stoke the Fires

Started by Qweaver, January 02, 2014, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

Here it comes!  We will not be sparing the pellets next week.  It will be chili, hot coco and snuggle time next week.  I will be experiencing this cold spell looking out my double-pane gas filled windows watching football.  :new_year:
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

isawlogs

Always nice when one can look out from the inside, leaning back, with mostly anything hot to wet the insides.

:) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Cedarman

Looks like we are working Sat and Sun and hibernating Mon and Tue.  High is 4 on Mon.  I know , I know.  You are going to be a lot colder up north.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

beenthere

It's all relative.  ;D

Throw two logs at it instead of just one.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Qweaver

Times like this make me think about my childhood when we lived in a totally un-insulated, drafty house with a coal fired stove in one room.  We now live in a fully insulated house with state of the art heating, just a few yards from the old home site.  The strange thing is that I don't have memories of suffering from the cold in those days.  Were we just tougher then?  I do remember coming in from sleding and hunting frozen to the core but quickly warming up in front of that old coal stove.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I try to beat the cold at the mill with my old hand made wood stove a friend gave me.
Saw a little, warm up and go back to sawing. We keep a pot of coffee on the stove also.

My son Paul stays warm busting firewood for the stove that keeps me warm. :D
He gets paid though.  ;D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Qweaver

Great Idea!  We are going to be sawing pretty steadily for the next few weeks.  I think I'll keep my little box stove stoked up in the shed.

Weekend_Sawyer

Good to see a young fella that knows how to split wood.

Around here a wooden handled maul usually comes back in 2 pieces!  :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Peter Drouin

I can't believe your cold . You even shaved , can't be that bad to have a fire :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

here you need a fire  :D :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on January 02, 2014, 06:22:19 PM

Around here a wooden handled maul usually comes back in 2 pieces!  :D

Around here, that's 2 more sticks of firewood.

And Peter, I did shave....we got to go get family pics made this month. Got a memo from the wife.  >:(
Your pics of your snow are very nice. Snow looks its best when the sun is shining on it.  :)

Mooseherder

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on January 02, 2014, 08:35:10 PM
I love your set up Poston. :)

Thanks! When I'm sawing....the sawdust is flying and the lumber is being stacked.
But when I'm laying back......I still like to be close to my mill. Just a country thing.  :D

isawlogs

Love the rockers, ifin I ever go visite, you best check the back side of the pick-up for they could be stashed in there.  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: isawlogs on January 02, 2014, 08:47:47 PM
Love the rockers, ifin I ever go visite, you best check the back side of the pick-up for they could be stashed in there.  :D

I only have 2 rockers....1 for me and 1 for you. Come on down Marcel!  :)

blackfoot griz

Posty!
I had to chuckle @ the last pic of Paul whacking away...looks like there are a few dents in that block.
Brings back some memories.  Glad I had to do it back then....glad for hydraulics now!

Looks like he is a "lefty" swinging a right-handed maul!  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: blackfoot griz on January 02, 2014, 09:20:19 PM
Posty!
I had to chuckle @ the last pic of Paul whacking away...looks like there are a few dents in that block.
Brings back some memories.  Glad I had to do it back then....glad for hydraulics now!

As I raise my son...I try not to include hydraulics.  :D :D :D :D :D
Sometimes I'll slip a piece of SWEET GUM in on him just to see how warm he can get.  :D

clww

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 02, 2014, 09:22:13 PM
Quote from: blackfoot griz on January 02, 2014, 09:20:19 PM
Posty!

As I raise my son...I try not to include hydraulics.  :D :D :D :D :D
Sometimes I'll slip a piece of SWEET GUM in on him just to see how warm he can get.  :D

Yet, YOU have hydraulics on your mill...... ;D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clww

:D :D :D
You do look much better without that beard. That's not saying much though. :new_year:
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on January 02, 2014, 09:31:00 PM
You look presentable, now.

Magic and Chief still things I'm UG-LEE.  poston-smiley

isawlogs

Presentable...... ::) ::) ::)  Questionable at the very least.    :snowball:   

:new_year:  just the same .    :D

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y'all don't make me take my Squirrel suit off......That "S" on my chest don't mean Sycamore!  :D

thecfarm

I thought it was for sweetgum  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!