iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Table….hopefully.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 01, 2014, 09:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

If one has an imagination. How right you are. And yours works mighty fine.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

You need to take into acount the difference in growth rings prior to X the % when taking moisture count, as that will afect the °[({­¯})] in the substraction of the heat amount you used to dry it.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

nmericle53

This is my first post. Joined yesterday and have been looking at all the beautiful projects that ya'll post. This is really a neat place to be able to ask questions and learn about things that I am interested in. Wow! Between this forum and pinterest I may have to retire so I can surf the net and make pretty things. 8) Love, love this stump. I guess I will have to learn my wood because I thought it was a cypress knee instead of a sycamore.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome to the Forestry Forum nmericle53.
Yep.....it is a Sycamore stump and it really sanded down quite well......the wood is really soft. It does look like Cypress,
from a distance......and Texas.  ;D

I'm glad to meet ya buddy!  smiley_thumbsup

I am waiting on another friend/member who will be sending me some pics of a 40" cookie he has......it may work for a top.
I had also thought about a wagon wheel top with glass on it or use the stump for a pedestal to stand a carved bear on.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

nmericle53,welcome to te forum. That pinterest will keep 3 people busy. Don't be shy about showing your stuff off too.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scsmith42

David, the photo's are in your inbox.

For the rest of the "enquiring minds", here is the photo that I just sent to David. The white oak cookie is oval shaped, 38" x 50".  Thickness varies between 3" to 5-6".  If David doesn't get it, I'm planning to soak it in borate and CuNap, and then use it for a walkway.

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

samandothers

Welcome nmericle53!
Great and talented folks here.  You spend a lot of time reading and learning and it's nice!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:o :o :o  What's that thang weight Scott?

scsmith42

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 05, 2014, 06:02:49 PM

In it's current condition, probably 300 lbs or so.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: scsmith42 on January 05, 2014, 06:16:27 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 05, 2014, 06:02:49 PM

In it's current condition, probably 300 lbs or so.

Wow.....I would sell it for $1.00 per pound for $300.00.  :) That's HEAVY!

thecfarm

There's the 300 again. Scott will sell it to ya for 300 than it will cost another 300 to get to ya.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, nmericle53, and thank you for sharing Andy with us for those few days while sawing the Goodwill project.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mudhog

welcome nmericle53,

I don't say much but, I'm a "7 night a weeker" on here. If you like to learn and associate with good people this is the place to be. It borderlines on being addictive. (At least to me.) ;D
Doing the right thing might not be easy,but it's always right.

Ask, Seek, Knock

scleigh

David, You could join 2 of the pecan slabs you sawed a few weeks ago, after dry, and make a round top. Just a thought.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: scleigh on January 06, 2014, 09:51:31 PM
David, You could join 2 of the pecan slabs you sawed a few weeks ago, after dry, and make a round top. Just a thought.

You mean the Maple we sawed? I did think about it......then it got cold.  :D

scleigh

Yeah, you're right it was maple. I reckon it got cold. Spent some time putting up a heat lamp and new cedar shavings for the dog and goats under the shed. Just went out to check on them.......their all sitting out in the field under the stars, not the heat lamp!!!!!!!!!!!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: scleigh on January 06, 2014, 10:23:10 PM
Just went out to check on them.......their all sitting out in the field under the stars, not the heat lamp!!!!!!!!!!!

Go back and check on them at 6am......they'll be under the lamp.  :D

5quarter

David...I would hold out for a really big knarly Cypress or ERC cookie. You need something really irregular. maybe even a cookie from a really big mesquite.  :)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

mmartone

Just realized I have 2 big Sweetgum cookies sitting outside...
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

WDH

Oh no!  Maybe they will think that nobody is at home and go away  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Reminds me of that old hound with her tongue hang'n out.

Ah, I must be tired. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!