iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EG50

Started by John S, January 01, 2014, 10:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Happy New Year to all!
Is anybody here running the WM EG50 single blade edger?  I was wondering about kick back as in a table saw since you are running an uneven edge up against the fence.  Also, it seems like a two-person operation from the videos I have watched on YouTube.
Thanks,
John
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

customsawyer

I have not seen that edger personally but in all the edgers I have seen there is small fingers that prevent kick back. It don't have to be a two person job but it helps.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

MIsawyer

I have not ran that edger but have seen it ran and there are not fingers to prevent kickback on this model, so the risk of kickback is there being it is setup like a tablesaw with an arbor. I wwould get with woodmizer to see if they have fingers available for this model.

beenthere

This edger is shown in this video, and there are fingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMReVjl42m0
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JustinW_NZ

Hi there.

Yes the edger has fingers and it does make sense to have at least 2 people to operate efficiently.

Ive never had any kickback on mine either.

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

MIsawyer

Sorry guys for the wrong info there I was thinking of another edger sorry :-[

John S

Thanks for the replies, I hope to see one running at the next demonstration that I attend.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

sdunston

Happy New Year everyone, I have had an EG50 for 3 years now and love it, Would be nice in a 10hp diesel with electric start.
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

steve marek

Just brought one this fall was on the fence about buying one now that I have it is great no more edging on mill get more out each board. You can run it with one person no kick backs there is fingers on the eg 50
WM LT40HD logrite ach 718 woodmaster timber framing tools 3000 ford tractor 359 395 husky chainsaw woodmizer e50 single blade edger woodmizer 260 moulder 2538 mahindra tractor kd 250 kiln

John S

Thanks for the info, Steve.  That answers all of my questions.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Thank You Sponsors!