The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Deception the Sequel: ebay  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Windy_Acres

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
Re: Deception the Sequel: ebay
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 05:54:09 pm »
Think saw parts if you want. Ive got 90cc Dolmar, if I wanted to part it out, what are the chances of anyone in driving distances needing a part. Not very good, especially here in the land of corn and beans (not forests !).

Windy
Sounds like a website for you might be good for your business.
Jeff is good with putting them together when he has time.

Thanks for mentioning that, its not really a business, it was just a part time hobby. Im thinking of having a physical auction at some point and letting someone else play with it. Ive already done that with all my M38 Jeep stuff, put in lots and auctioned it off. Im not sure I even broke even (it came out of a large purchase that there was no way to break out how much any of it was), but I was able to unload 300sqft of space that was racked to the ceiling.

At this point, the stuff is just taking up usable space. The sad part is, guys restoring old cars are looking for these parts, little if any of what I have its "re-popped". I look at it this way, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Online Jim_Rogers

• Senior Member x2
  • Keep your chisels sharp.
    • jrsawmill.com
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 07:45:16 pm »
Call up Danielle at antique archaeology and see if she can get Mike and Frank to come over and buy up some of your stuff.

They just may do that and you'll get rid of a lot of stuff.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Offline Windy_Acres

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2014, 08:00:46 pm »
Call up Danielle at antique archaeology and see if she can get Mike and Frank to come over and buy up some of your stuff.

They just may do that and you'll get rid of a lot of stuff.

Jim Rogers

I dont think Im 2hrs from their Iowa place. Last year, I was on I74, going around Bloomington, IL, and Mike sped past me, in the lettered sprinter van. I actually saw him coming up in my review mirror, I said to myself, Il be ... if that aint Mike coming up behind me. He was running solo.

On another forum, I hang out on, the subject topic is welding and fabricating one of the active members was found out by their production company (horder of collectible stuff), and he was on an episode this summer (it was called the "Louisiana Purchase"). It was a thread on the forum, it was interesting to hear the backside of it, compared to what you see on the show.

I really would not want to be on TV, and being they are pickers, they would want to pick, Id want to sell, everything. Cant pick the cherries off the top, makes moving the rest that much harder. That and it really takes a car guy to peddle this stuff. You need to know what it is to sell it.

Offline ljohnsaw

• Senior Member x2
  • Happily retired... Working harder than ever!
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2014, 08:09:44 pm »
I used to sell a lot on eBay and didn't like when they changed the fees (fee on shipping) and removed the negative feedback for buyers option.  I would pick up old fishing stuff and old toys locally to sell.  I would also buy LARGE lots of stuff off eBay and re-sell in smaller lots.  I've made several thousand dollars in a few years but now it is just too much trouble.  I agree that there are soooo many bad sellers now.  I set up automatic non-paying bidder strike that would go out after 4 days.  I didn't have to do anything.  Sad thing was most of them were deadbeats so I never got paid, but my fees were reimbursed.  I would block sellers that were bad in the past.  Sometimes I'd get a real psycho buyer - their threats and claims were so bizarre!  I usually do well around Christmas time (starting before Thanksgiving) selling vintage toys but lacked the enthusiasm these last 3 or 4 years now.

I tried Amazon and it was totally a waste of time.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 38" cut Bandmill up to 64' - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.