I go in the greenhouse.

Cold frames.

some green and 50  :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Not bad Peter.....if you can just stay in the Greenhouse.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I miss ours. We use to start about Feb. Use to be great to walk in there when the sun was out. But try that when it's dark out.   :o  Even with 2 layers of plastic it did good with the sun.But when the sun went down,the oil would kick in. Would see a 250 gallon tank drop down a ΒΌ of a tank on them cold nights.
I used all hemlock to build ours.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

We will get the seeds ready the  2# week in Feb. Nothing freezes in there Ray

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 30, 2013, 06:52:30 PM
Not bad Peter.....if you can just stay in the Greenhouse.  :D

Some days I like to. But for now I fix things in there and it is nice ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Must have glass if it don't freeze in there? Those raised beds help out too. I just had 2 layers of plastic. At night,with no heat,what ever the temp was outside,it was the same temp inside.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnM

Peter, that's great!  Been daydreaming about a greenhouse for a while, now that I've got a mill no more excuses, right! ;) ;D  What are the raised beds made out of, pine, hemlock, cedar, other?  And how are they filled?  It's not all soil is it?  Are they lined?  Sorry for all the questions. :)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Peter Drouin

John M. not lined made of pine and hemlock 4x6x16s and 4'.. pre drill and use 1/2 rebar. I filed 1/2 way with gravel then loam. made the first one fill it with the  John Deere and worked my way out then made the G house.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

I did put old bed rail from side to side to hold the sides in too
A&P saw Mill LLC.

JoeB

thecfarm, the secret is to run a very small blower inside the two layers of plastic, as an air cushion. You'll save heat that way, also look into a bigger tank for your oil. Cheaper rate. HTH, JoeB

Peter Drouin

And run pipe through the raze bed with heat. A lot of guys heat the air . Should heat the bed. Hot air will rise.then put a line in for water, one that weeps.
I would run the green House year round but how much can Ann and I eat. :D :D :D well If we had kids, were to old for that now  ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

We went around to many small green houses and got ideas. I knew about the blower between the plastic. I just never did it. Bottom heat on the plants make a big diffenace too. All gone now. I put the OWB where the greenhouse was. I should of got the OWB first. Than the greenhouse.

Thank You Sponsors!