iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

372 muffler

Started by Maine logger88, December 30, 2013, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

I got this muffler cheap but the exhaust exit is different and I've never seen one like this before and I was wondering if this type was good bad or indifferent?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

ehp

I have seen something like that on some of the older Jonsered saws , they worked but are abit on the small size for the outlet

Maine logger88

OK thanks I wonder if I put a big tube in if it would work as well as a duel port mod

BFay2172

I don't see why it wouldn't your doing the same thing as you would be by adding a second port to the muffler at least in my opinion.

celliott

Get a deflector and add another port on the side or where the regular one is on top.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

ehp

yes any other opening to a certain size is going to help , if this is for a worksaw then use a deflector , just order one for a 288 husky and mount it on the side of the muffler which I like better than mounting on the top of the muffler , if you get to close to the top cover you will melt the cover . As far as tubes or pipes goes , I'm not a fan of them on a worksaw cause they always get hit and after a while the pipe will break out of the muffler and leave a big mess of a hole , deflector on side of muffler is out of the way from getting hit so that is the main reason I use them

Maine logger88

OK thanks guys for the input! I was thinking about moding this or an OEM muffler for my 2186 I bet that really helps those where they are bigger and still use the same muffler as a 2171/ 372

JohnG28

Use the deflector, not another pipe. One thing with pipes is increasing the pipe from say 1/2" to 1" more than doubles the area, making it harder to control the size outlet you want.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Maine logger88

Where do you get the 288 deflector can you still buy it from husky and why do you use that particular deflector?

BFay2172

Bailey's sells the deflector and screen I don't have the part number off hand though.

JohnG28

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,69759.0.html

Check out my thread on doing the same mod to my 361. Part #s are in there. ;D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Maine logger88

OK thanks guys I think I'll order a couple deflectors and do my 2186 and 2171

Thank You Sponsors!