iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A very wintery day!

Started by lyle niemi, December 29, 2013, 04:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

I'm getting kinda sick of plowin snow :snowball:

jcbrotz

2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Chuck White

Lots of ice came off of the trees and power lines here today!

The snow in the yard settled a few inches today, we had 42° for a good part of the day!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

customdave

Man oh man! I'm with ya Lyle, just when I think I can get some boards nailed on a small building that I'm workin on I have to plow snow, shovel everything out by which time it's darn near dark.. Just about to say the he-- with it & wait till spring to finish.... >:(   :new_year:                                                                                  Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Cedar Savage

Only a couple more months to go.......
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

highleadtimber16

At least you've got the 966 to push all the snow! Gets it done quick.
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

lyle niemi

Quote from: highleadtimber16 on December 30, 2013, 12:23:01 AM
At least you've got the 966 to push all the snow! Gets it done quick.
Not useing the 966 yet to much, wanna fix it up a bit first, BTW do ya know of any wrecked loaders like that, I need a few parts

hardtailjohn

Lyle, I've had really good luck with Portland Tractor for any parts for my 966C. They have quite a bit of stuff, or can get some. What are you looking for?  Another source I use for parts is American Crane and Tractor.  Both can be found on the web.
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

red oaks lumber

i hear ya! since the snow started in november iv'e spent $1,100 on fuel just to keep everything plowed. last year i bought a 10 ft. angled plow for my skidsteer, i really like it, but i still like mud better than this. atleast with mud you know the temp. is above freezing :). right now the air temp. is minus 29 deg. f
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

dgdrls

Quote from: lyle niemi on December 29, 2013, 04:01:17 PM

Lyle,  Hope you are over your plowing indigestion ;)
saw the weather forecast for Alberta, looks mighty cold, you still sawing or did you shut-down?

DGDrls

lyle niemi

Quote from: dgdrls on January 05, 2014, 10:40:11 AM
Quote from: lyle niemi on December 29, 2013, 04:01:17 PM

I have been sawing when I can, I usually call it at about -25C unless I have a rush order. My old mill runs like a dream warm or cold. I am glad I took the time to get most of the bugs out of it. :new_year:

Lyle,  Hope you are over your plowing indigestion ;)
saw the weather forecast for Alberta, looks mighty cold, you still sawing or did you shut-down?

DGDrls

drobertson

Low 40's yesterday, now the blast that all, or most all are getting, lift running, tractor running, wood in, chilly on, and the deck empty, decided not to load it up, just so I could enjoy the wintry day!   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Nice here today, 34°F at this time!

We went out and made some needed, minor repairs to our sap lines.

Near the end of February we should be tapping again!

We have a few maples that have some "top damage", but overall not to bad!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

lyle niemi

It was -33 here this morning and I didnt have the pick up plugged in...DANG!!! :snowball:

bandmiller2

That DanGed cold "CANADIAN" air is down here now in sunny new England. That used to really bother the family when they would visit from New Brunswick and listen to our weatherman, aunt would say they blame us for all the cold. I didn't help matters and would ask her where the cold came from. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!