iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Merry Christmas, So long my friend.

Started by Burlkraft, December 25, 2013, 10:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Ahhh the Holiday season. A joyous and worshiping time. Today I say we pray for and say goodbye to my neighbor, great friend and one of the most honest people I've ever known. Gary "Westy" "Westyswoods" Westwood. He was Westy to all his friends and Westyswoods here on the forum. He never posted much but he read for hours. Then he took what he read and put it to work out in his 40 acre piece of heaven. Gary was a City of Madison Fire Fighter for many years. When he retired he went full bore into his farm. Managing his trees. Rebuilding trucks, woodworking and building the biggest woodsplitter for a Bobcat that I have ever seen. He then proceeded to bend the crap out of the biggest splitter for a Bobcat that I ever seen!! :'(  Two weeks later he shows up at my business with a BIGGER better splitter. He wanted us to make hydraulic hoses for it. He really never had a chance to bend this one, but given time....... :D
Gary battled bladder cancer for over a year. There were some hopeful times but he was a realist and knew what would happen and just wanted the most out of what was left. That time was cut short. His last days were spent in Hospice. Good Bye my friend. I'll always miss you. My life has been greatly fulfilled by knowing you. I'll see you on the other side.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RynSmith

I'm sorry for your loss, Burlkraft.   :'(

WmFritz

If we are lucky, I think we may meet a only a couple special individuals in our lifetime. If we are Very lucky, we may becomes friends with them.

Steve, from my heart, I'm sorry for loss. I wish I could've met the man. Your post and the obit Jeff linked, touched me.   Merry Christmas.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

isawlogs

My condolences Steve, losing a neighbour and friend is not easy going, so sorry for the loss. May he rest in peace and build better and bigger splitters.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Left Coast Chris

So sorry to hear of your loss Steve.  May the new year bring some special joys into your life to help fill the void and may the Lord provide some new friends that you can share your friendship with. Thanks for blessing us with Gary and may he rest in peace.  In Christ's name we pray, Amen.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

coxy

SawyerBrown

What a wonderful tribute. I'm sure he would have been very honored.  Thanks for sharing those great memories, I know it's hard but celebrating his life needs to go along with mourning his death.  Praying for more laughter than tears for you during this Christmas season.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

A BIG salute to Westy and your friendship with him. He will not be forgotten Steve and he will be in your heart forever.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

Sorry about your good friend passing away Steve. We recently lost dad, and no one can believe it began from a pulled muscle from bowling a month ago.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

maple flats

So sorry. We seem to meet some great people on here and sooner or later the Lord calls them home. May he rest in peace, Amen.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

samandothers

x2 on Maple Flats.

I remember Westywood's posting but did not know him.  Sorry for the loss Burl and yours too SD (separate post).  Our time and that of friends and family on this earth is a great gift and it hurts when they are lost.  The memories are lasting!

Thank You Sponsors!