iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

372 XP video

Started by CCC4, December 24, 2013, 11:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

My boss handed me a saw today and said he wasn't a fan of Husky's, that this saw came along with a skidder and loader he bought. I figured I would give her a home! LOL!

I sharpened the chain and knocked the drags (a bunch) and threw some gas and oil in her and up the mountain we went. Bar is nearly shot...rails are sloppy. Seems to be a peppy little saw! This is litterally the first tree I cut with it.

As always, Thanks for viewing!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSDfemawvb4

SAnVA

What did you think, gonna put them old Stihls on the back shelf for awhile! Merry Christmas! Enjoy your videos! Be careful!

Ed_K

Save that saw, it's the best saw Husqvarna built.
Ed K

1270d

Hopefully it runs longer than your other husky

CCC4

Quote from: SAnVA on December 25, 2013, 12:12:44 AM
What did you think, gonna put them old Stihls on the back shelf for awhile! Merry Christmas! Enjoy your videos! Be careful!

Well I liked it just fine! Peppy...it's not a torque monster but definitely can get up in the RPMs. I haven't even looked at what pin sprocket it's wearing...I would assume 7. As soon as I get the 288 XP back in the bush, the 660 will be taking a trip to Tennessee for some TLC.

CCC4

Quote from: Ed_K on December 25, 2013, 09:04:12 AM
Save that saw, it's the best saw Husqvarna built.

I seem to be gathering up quite the Husky line up for my personal saws, 288 XP, 372 XP, and I also have a 575 XP that I need to get a brake bar and some other things for. I haven't even started the 575 XP so I know nothing about it. Funny thing is that I have never been around Huskys any, there are basically none in my area. Seem like good sounding and fast saws.

RayMO

Always been a Stihl fan but come to love my 372 and 365's for the medium size stuff . Very well balanced and peppy on the top end .
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

CCC4

Quote from: 1270d on December 25, 2013, 09:18:36 AM
Hopefully it runs longer than your other husky

Yeh I hope so. I figure anytime you buy an older saw you run the risk of having to work on it. I think I know where the metal came from...the saw is in town at my buddies so I can't check my theory, however, I am thinking the metal was possibly one of the butterfly screws on the carb. Right up to when it crapped out, I was having to keep turning my throttle up or down and it started stuttering a bit...just not running right. I thought the carb might have been dirty er something...could have been trying to come apart.

CCC4

Quote from: RayMO on December 25, 2013, 10:22:27 AM
Always been a Stihl fan but come to love my 372 and 365's for the medium size stuff . Very well balanced and peppy on the top end .

I totally agree! I just wish there was a Husky dealer somewhere near me...IDK where one is just yet. RayMo, my boss openly shows a dislike for Husky...he has owned them and used them over the years and "HAD" come to the conclusion that he just didn't like them all that much....UNTIL...he ran my 288 XP for a couple tanks! He was even bragging on it last night over the phone. Never even laughed at me for the saw blowing up after just a couple days use.

duckslayingpro

I used to be a stihl man through and through until I had ton use a 372xp to finish a day. Then I was hooked. Best saw for general felling and limbing in SEMO now I also have a 395xp and a little 350 that was my dads for firewood.  I'm looking at an ole 266xp that was my dads thinking about getting it goin. P rolly buy a 562 xp in the future. Great saws. I still have one ole stihl left but it don't see much action anymore. I just love the peppyness and balance of the husqvarna

CCC4

Yep, I think it's gonna be a good saw. Probably won't let much dust settle on the Stihls just yet...especially after that 660 gets some work done.

mad murdock

Nice saw. I really like my 372. What skidder did he buy?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

CCC4

Quote from: mad murdock on December 25, 2013, 12:52:40 PM
Nice saw. I really like my 372. What skidder did he buy?

Thanks! A TimberJack 450 C with turbo (IDK if that is standard, just remember seeing the decal). He Bought a couple loaders also, one of them is a Peerless 2175?? (I can't remember the #'s)

mad murdock

Plenty of toys to keep a guy busy!!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

TessiersFarm

Quote from: duckslayingpro on December 25, 2013, 10:36:22 AM
I used to be a stihl man through and through until I had ton use a 372xp to finish a day. Then I was hooked. Best saw for general felling and limbing in SEMO now I also have a 395xp and a little 350 that was my dads for firewood.  I'm looking at an ole 266xp that was my dads thinking about getting it goin. P rolly buy a 562 xp in the future. Great saws. I still have one ole stihl left but it don't see much action anymore. I just love the peppyness and balance of the husqvarna

I got a 372, and a 266, I love the 266, great saw.  Lighter than the 372 and better balance, although less power.  My dealer says I'm crazy the 2 saws weigh the same, maybe just the bar and chain difference, maybe I am a little crazy.  I don't know, but I like the 266 real well, actually after all that I like the 372 real well too, good thing I don't have to choose.
Stihl E14, 180, 026, 036, 361, 045
Husky 266, 372, 394
Dolmar 111

KyLogger

I came to the dark side a while ago! I know have a 575, 576, 181, and a 390 on the way! But the 576 bombed on me the other day. Still love my 044 and the saw that just wont die......ever.......the 361!
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

KyLogger

My pard' just bought a brand new 372 on Monday. I cut with it yesterday! That saw is awesome! Power to weight ratio is great and slingin' a 24" bar it handles like a ninja sword ;D I bet it would scream with 20".

Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

Kemper

We run 395xp, but as far as topping there isn't a better saw than a 372.

thecfarm

I run a 18" on my 372. I only cut for me now,just easier,less teeth to shapen,bars and chains are cheaper.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CCC4

Yeh I really liked it right off the bat! At first I was like what is this little thing...due to it's light chassis. After I sharpened it I went over to a log in the landing and laid into it. The first snap of the throttle I was thinking I need a 24" on this dude!

I was talking with a saw builder about the 660, I guess I'm gonna get the full works done on it...squish band and all. I think it will be worth it. The guy told me that a ported 372 would roll through my ported 288 wearing a 28" bar. IDK about that though...maybe in square filed full skip. But I think from now on the 288 XP is gonna wear a 28" and the 372 XP is going to wear the 24".

I'm getting  a little excited about fixing up the 575 XP...it's a slick saw, feels like good compression...I am just missing a few parts. I figure the (3) XP's and the ported 660 should cover about anything ever needed if I ever got the chance to bushel out of State.

Thank You Sponsors!