iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2100xp

Started by Maine logger88, December 24, 2013, 08:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

I found a 2100xp I think I could buy for 350 are they any good how many HP were they any help would be appreciated
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Al_Smith

The have a lot of power if that's what you want to know .Listed as 6.7 HP for the 2100 CD so I presume the xp model would be about the same if not a tad bit higher .

Maine logger88

Yeh that's kinda what I was wondering I have always wanted a 100 cc saw don't need one just kinda want one thanks

ZeroJunk

I have a 2101XP which is about the same I think. It is definitely worth the money if nothing is broken. The only downside is that parts are getting a little hard to find. They are really cool I think. Idles like a big block with a racing cam.

Maine logger88

So it would be a little smaller than a 3120 but abit bigger than my 2186 then. I just watched a YouTube video on a 2101 they do sound awesome!

BFay2172

Yes the 2100 would be bigger than your 2186. I also watched a video on it and it looks like a great saw!

NCFarmboy

2100 is the King of 100cc saws.  $350 is a very good price if it's in good shape.  It is a MAN.  I'm building one from parts which is a bad way to go.  I'll have more in it than I could have bought a nice.  + side is I'll know exactly what I have no surprises.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

Al_Smith

If you buy that thing the first thing to do is trot on down to the local Stihl dealer and buy a 460 rescue saw D-handle .They don't have a compression release and are about like rope starting a V twin Harley .

ehp

Al is correct on the compression, be ready to replace the flywheel paws if they have not been done , I have had alot of 2100's and I liked them alot , my first saw I bought was a 2100 xp when I got out of school , as far as hp goes , it does depend on which 2100 you get , thick ring , thin rings , jungle or whatever , my best and fastest stock 2100 was a 2100 xp Canadian which is the only 1 I have ever seen , If its got the stock carb on it , it will have a brass plug on the side of the carb , its a fuel over rpm limiter , I always blocked them off so saw turned more rpms and didnot sound so bad when limbing trees , If the saw is in real good shape its worth alot more than $350 ok, Last real nice 2100 I sold I got $900 for it , Buyer set the price not me

Al_Smith

I don't know if there's a secret to starting them or not .My 2100 CD has a large Tillotson model HS carb .I've found if you  choke it only once then after about 4 maybe 5 tugs it fires on a cold start .Choke it too much you'll be tugging on that arm breaker 15 minutes .Once fired and running it goes nearly every time on one tug on a restart .Those things can be as fickle as a teen age prom queen .

ZeroJunk

I bought my 2101 XP off of eBay. Looked brand new but the seller said it was locked up. I figured what the heck. Turned out that it was not locked up, had just been sitting dry and gotten that hard to pull. Seller wasn't a chainsaw guy obviously.

Al_Smith

You can get all kinds of erronious information from flea bay .Some is because of ignorance and some is because they just plain handle the truth in a very careless manner .

ehp

1 thing to look for on the 2100 series and that is at the rewind on the saw and make sure none of the air holes is cracked or has a piece missing cause they will end up cracking completely around the rewind hub and you will end up with the pull cord and hub in your hand , I have had that happen alot more than once to me , I carried the saw on the skidder and it would get smacked around abit and the rewind case cracks pretty easy , as far as power goes I would but them with the older 066 stihl , the 2100 will have abit more torque but the 066 has abit more rpms in the wood so it would even out pretty close

NCFarmboy

Quote from: Al_Smith on December 25, 2013, 08:53:45 AM
If you buy that thing the first thing to do is trot on down to the local Stihl dealer and buy a 460 rescue saw D-handle .They don't have a compression release and are about like rope starting a V twin Harley .
Al is right on!  It will be the best $6.00 you have ever spent.  I bought 10 not long ago well under $6 from my local Stihl dealer.  Saving 1 for my 2100CD project.  This is the only Stihl part I consider a value.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

Al_Smith

Yeah I amost hate to say they are reasonabley priced lest they get the idea to raise the ante. ;D

They are the best D handle I've found.The things are made with a rough outer surface because the intended use  is for firemen and rescue workers wearing thick gloves .I soften them up a tad with a couple wraps of rubber tape and a couple of Scotch 33 over that . 

Maine logger88

Well I talked to the guy today he sold it to a guy for 400 o well I'll keep looking I'd like to have a 2100 or 3120 just to have I don't really need one too big for everyday cutting but would be fun to cut up firewood with though

Maine logger88

I just bought a 2100 off eBay got it for around 250 it needs a top cover and filter hopefully its a decent saw I'll post pics when I get it

treechopper40

I got a 2100xp we use it for blocking the oversize hardwood into firewood its got a 36 inch bar n chain on it and with it sharp in 35 inch hard maple and beech you can lean rate on it hard and it don't lack for power I have my governor plugged off so it will turn more rpms im sure you will like it
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

HolmenTree

Where these saws sold the most back in the day was in the PNW.
Stihl NorthWest sold more Stihls on the U.S. side but on the Canadian side Pete Holmquist sold a fortune in 1100CD / 2100CD, 2101XP's. These were the " go to saws" through out the Queen Charlottes, Vancouver Islands and coastal areas of B.C.
The 2101XP came out later in the '80s

At that time in the mid 1970's to late '80s when logging production in big red cedar and Dug fir was hot these Huskies showed their stuff .
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Maine logger88

Yeh the saw I'm getting is coming from the PNW it has a 32 in bar and full wrap bar I'll probably put a 20 on it but it will be fun to have the 32 to play with sometimes of course that's all I bought it for anyway. What is the differences between the 1100cd the 2100cd and 2101xp? Cool to know some history on the model thanks

sawguy21

I remember selling a 2100 with a 42" Cannon bar, he wanted a 48" but we could not get one in time. He was a Mexican going to log pine in Guadalajara, the saw was taller than he was. :D Do they grow 'em that big in Mexico or was he cutting two at a time? I have no idea how he started the beast.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Maine logger88

got the saw today I put some gas in it and after 5 pulls it fired one more and it started right up and idled fine now I just have to find an air filter and try it out! It has a 32 inch bar with 404 skip chain hopefully it will pull that alright if not I will put a 3/8 sprocket on and get a different bar

celliott

Nice saw!
I want a 2100 for a mill saw... Still searching!

I did see a 2100 on craigslist once upon a time, and the post said that it was converted to a 288xp tall air filter (ran without rear plastic cover)
Not sure if 2100 filters are available from husky still or not.
Check with sponsor chainsawr, he might have something.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Maine logger88

OK thanks for the info I'll check

ZeroJunk

If all else fails you can get a K&N adapter and use a K&N universal filter. I'm sure there are people fabricating aluminum velocity stacks that will work, but I don't know who they are. Of course you won't be able to use the cover which you may not want to do without.

Thank You Sponsors!