iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PH260 feed motor shear pin

Started by WoodenHead, December 24, 2013, 02:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodenHead

Recently I had the shear pin break on my PH260 feed motor due to feeding too heavy in cold weather.  I purchased a new pin plus spare, but I'm having trouble figuring out how the pin goes in/on.  Has anyone had to replace their pin?  There's a recess in the drive shaft, but I can't figure out how the pin goes in the drive motor.

beenthere

That being the Logosol planer/moulder?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WoodenHead

Yes, the machine is a Logosol.  It was purchased a good year ago.  Or is it two already...

DGK

When you pull off the feed motor from the shaft, you will most likely find that the sheared pin is still in the hole on the shaft. To remove this, I drilled a hole in the broken pin to remove. Once removed, insert the new pin and align the pin with the feed motor by rotating the feed rollers. I hope that this helps. Merry Christmas.
Doug
Yukon, Canada

LT40G38 modified to dual pumped hydraulic plus, HR120 Resaw, EG200 Edger, Bobcat S185,Bobcat S590, Logosol PH260M3, Sthil MS660's, MS460,MS362's MS260, Trailtech dump trailer, F350, F700 Tilt-Deck log/Lumber Hauler, JD440B Skidder, Naarva S23C Processor

WoodenHead

Thanks for that!  I was wondering if a piece was still in the shaft.  It just looked so clean (as if it was machined that way).  Just to be sure, how deep does the pin go into the shaft?

DGK

About half the pin length. I don't have a pin to measure but I think around 3/16 - 1/4 inch. Just drill it with a very small bit and you will be able to pull it out with the drill bit or it will spin out while drilling.
Doug
Yukon, Canada

LT40G38 modified to dual pumped hydraulic plus, HR120 Resaw, EG200 Edger, Bobcat S185,Bobcat S590, Logosol PH260M3, Sthil MS660's, MS460,MS362's MS260, Trailtech dump trailer, F350, F700 Tilt-Deck log/Lumber Hauler, JD440B Skidder, Naarva S23C Processor

WoodenHead

Well, I'm up and running again.   :)  The pin seems to go all the way through the shaft.  There was only one hole in the sleeve, but the replacement pin seemed to be too long (i.e. as long as the diameter of the sleeve plus the keyway).  A little bit of grinding took care of that.   smiley_thumbsup

DGK

What year is your machine, it sounds different than mine? The pin that I was referring to. is on the feed motor shaft. There is also a pin on the feed roller that shears which is longer.
Doug
Yukon, Canada

Thank You Sponsors!