iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Redmax G5000, thoughts?

Started by mocoon, December 23, 2013, 09:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mocoon

Any input on a Redmax G5000? Good or bad? Anyone who has had experience please share. I know a guy that is in the market for a chainsaw but has a small budget and the local Redmax dealer has a good deal on some old stock Redmax chainsaws.

He isn't interested in Husky or Stihl because he doesn't have that high of a budget for a good one (XP/PRO series -- not the junk models at the bottom). He heats his house exclusively on wood and needs a dependable, quality saw.

Thanks for the input.

ladylake

Should be a good well built saws.   Might want to check on parts availability before buying as Husky bought them out.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

CTYank

If it matters to buyer, it's not a strato-scavenged model, as indicated by absence of a "Z" right after the "G".
Ferinstance, I've a GZ4000- strato-scavenged 40cc. Luv it.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

ehp

the 5000 is a good saw and very good on fuel and seems to hold together very well , its not as strong as a 346 husky but strong enough to cut whatever you want

NCFarmboy

I don't have one but I would definately own one if the price is right.  Actually I've been looking for one @ a right price.  Not heard any negative reports only positive.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

Cut4fun

Sure liked my EHP woods ported Redmax 5000.    8)

SawTroll

The only negative I have seen posted about the model have been related to the plastic clutch cover not holding up well - but I don't remember the details.... :-\
Information collector.

ehp

the 5000 is a better built saw than say the 621 , nothing wrong with the 621 but its not as nice to work on or fix and is a bit back dated in design

CPR

I MMed one for a friend a couple years ago and when I was done, offered to buy it.  I really liked it and wouldn't hesitate.

Thank You Sponsors!