iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A visit to the mill today.

Started by Kingcha, December 23, 2013, 05:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcha

Had to Snowshoe back to see the mill today.     

First time out snowshoeing.

The solar kiln getting no solar today

The wood-fired pizza oven is cold and lonely

No fire in the fire pit. :D :D

It was hard work as I am out of shape and I was busting a trail through 2'+ of snow.   Still it was a fun visit which I think I will make once a week.  8)

No doubt about a white Christmas this year.
Merry Christmas everyone and a happy New Year  :new_year:

Matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LaneC

That is all very pretty and you have a beutiful place. Merry Christmas to you too.
Man makes plans and God smiles

Magicman

Thanks for taking us along.   :)  I do not blame you for letting the sawmill sleep.   smiley_sleeping
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

He's got more gumption than me. I've not attempted to hike through the snow to my mill yet this winter and its only about 50 yard away. :D   I'm ready for Spring. This is shaping up to be an old school winter here in Michigan.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I use to emjoy going snow shoeing when I was young. I would even bring a snack. I really thought I had something than.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kingcha

Yes it is Jeff, a good old fashioned Northern Michigan winter.   

I am going to try and motivate myself once a week and go visit, next time I bring some schnapps.  8)

matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Alcranb

Merry Christmas to you and yours  :christmas:
Now as for that pizza oven WOW!!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

schakey

:christmas:
Thanks for the pictures,but please keep the snow up there !  smiley_thumbsup
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Stephen1

Thank you for the trip to the mill.
Merry Christmas
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Wellmud

I think the pizza oven is a ploy to get help around the mill ;D
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

red oaks lumber

poston,
you gatta go thru hell to appreciate spring :) and right now were right in the middle of it . :(
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

drobertson

Spring time! then the thaw, a muddy mess,  love it ;D    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on December 23, 2013, 09:01:41 PM
poston,
you gatta go thru hell to appreciate spring :) and right now were right in the middle of it . :(

I've seen the news Steve......I feel sorry for Y'all!

Kingcha

I actually like winter as long as it stays cold and does not rain.   But then check back with me the 1st of March.

I never thought of using the pizza oven as a ploy, something to think about now.

Well It looks like I will have a bit of time to get the website and business cards done, cause this snow might not be gone until late April.

Matt

Magicman

I saw my sawmill today, but it did not have that marshmallow stuff on it.   :snowball:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

nas

Love it 8). I love the winter and the snow. It can be a pain at times, but most of the time I will take it over the summer heat :snowball:

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

beenthere

I'm liking winter, and as nas said, beats the heck out of the heat.
In winter, I can put more clothes on to keep warm and add a log to the fire.

But 90° F and above, cannot get relief unless sitting in the AC.

No bugs, no sweat (if I'm careful and don't work too hard), and clean, clear, air to breathe.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

kensfarm

I guess frozen pizza from the store is just..  a) treason  b) like kryptonite  c) we are not allowed to speak of such things. 

One year we had to walk to a farm in waist deep snow to feed some animals..  took me past dark to get back out..  I was dead tired. 

We had 3 snows in a week.. but the rains melted it all away.. I think reindeer will do okay in mud. 

Thank you for sharing..  and MerryXmas!

YellowHammer

Beautiful place, looks like it should be on a postcard.  But to a Southern boy like me, that much cold and snow is best admired at a distance ;D
Merry Christmas
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!