iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rule chainsaw winch

Started by Hammerhead, May 29, 2004, 10:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammerhead

Greetings from the Tick Capitol of the World, I am a newbie here but I've been learning from you guys for some time now. Great Forum ! Really friendly & informative. My question is has anyone used a Rule chainsaw winch ? It has a 1800# single 3500# double line pull at 35 FPM. I can get one for about $500 . And thought it would be handy for loading logs to a trailer and snaking logs out of tight spots etc. I also was thinking about the new gas powered rope capstan winch Novajack sells, but at $1000 seem a little pricey. I know Lewis also makes a more expensive one but this is a part time low budget production for now. Thanks for any feedback.
Trying to make a living and doing the best I can.

Kevin

I was looking at capstan rope winches also.
Wire rope tends to get twisted up in the winch and doesn't seem to last very long in my argo winch and the cable is short so I usually have a bull rope with me anyway.

rebocardo

For $500 you could get a nice electric 6000 lb winch and a big Optima yellow top battery. I think that would be better for moving logs onto a trailer since most big logs weigh over 1500 pounds.

Mark M

I looked at those capstan winches but couldn't figure out how I would manage the rope and keep one hand on the throttle.

I have a Lewis winch and like it really well. I think the Rule would work well too, depending on the size of the logs.

Thank You Sponsors!