iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new Mouse trap.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 21, 2013, 04:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have a customer that builds these little Mouse traps. Actually its a miniature Rabbit Box.
He gave me 2 today to try out.
Rick works at the local Feed & Seed and builds these for novelty items and sells the for a few bucks. He says he has trapped 100's of mice at the store.
Now, I'll try my luck.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Must have to shake it to find out if a mouse is inside.
Then what... let it go outside? Or shake the trap hard enough, it dies? 
Or how do you plan to dispose of them?

Good luck trapping.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pineywoods

OK, when you figure it out, show us how the trigger works  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The trigger works like a Rabbit box trigger works......you put cheese in back of the box and when the mouse bumps the trigger, the door falls.
Y'all ain't got no Wabbits in Louisiana? :)

And when I catch a mouse.....I will save them until I get enough to ship them to Wisconsin where all the CHEESE is.  :D

pineywoods

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 21, 2013, 04:59:33 PM
The trigger works like a Rabbit box trigger works......you put cheese in back of the box and when the mouse bumps the trigger, the door falls.
Y'all ain't got no Wabbits in Louisiana? :)

And when I catch a mouse.....I will save them until I get enough to ship them to Wisconsin where all the CHEESE is.  :D

Yeah, we got wabbits, but they don't eat cheese. ;D I don't use cheese to catch mice either. Eat the cheese myself and use peanut butter, it works better. :)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

trapper

Today I caught a squirl in a larger version of that.  Wasnt intrested in putting my hand in there like I do with rabbits so I put a conibear in front of the door when I opened it.  Need to make a new trigger as the old one was chewed in half.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jim_Rogers

I for one would like to see the trigger so I can make one myself.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

I guess beenthere has never gave swimming lessons.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jim....look at this link. My mouse box is just a miniature Rabbit box.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=456439

beenthere

Quote from: thecfarm on December 21, 2013, 06:18:41 PM
I guess beenthere has never gave swimming lessons.

;D
I have, but not mice  8)

And not in a box that floats.
I'm curious how this basic trap deals with 100 live mice too.

I use regular mouse traps that snap !!  and don't waste cheese on mice.  Just peanut butter.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Fill up the sink with water,push wooded box to bottom. Don't over think the problem.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of water and you will not have to get the trap wet. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Just don't throw them on a bonfire.  There's a story out there that a guy did that, the burning mouse ran into his house and burnt the house down. 
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

See.......it works!

thecfarm

Didn't see the door closed.......  ;D I only see it working in them pictures.

Shotgun

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 21, 2013, 08:16:10 PM
See.......it works!

I see it drawing mouse...I don't see it 'catching' a mouse.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I didn't have cheese in it. Duh!     :D :D :D

SawyerBrown

I don't know, Shotgun.  One could easily walk up and say, "Aha!!  Caught ya!"
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

elk42

Something  don't look wright about that mouse. IS it a flying mouse??????
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

thecfarm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That's a Circus mouse. During the summer, we send him to Florida to perform.
10 cents for Adults......2 cents for the kids.

(What movie is this from?)

Magicman

It must not have been a very good circus performer because it lost it's tail.   :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Nice slab  :D.  What mouse  ???   ;D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LaneC

Isn't that a flying squirrel?
Man makes plans and God smiles

sprucebunny

Trained 'mouse'. It has backed into the trap !
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!