iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Things I'm thankful for this Christmas

Started by SawyerBrown, December 19, 2013, 09:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerBrown

If you'll indulge me ... and I hope you'll all think about your own list this next week.

I'm thankful for family, for good friends, for wonderful neighbors.  I'm thankful for this good woman that You gave me to be my partner, who loves me in spite of all the bone-headed things I do, even though most of the time I don't appreciate her nearly enough.

I'm thankful for 8-month-old Josie ... my little Booper ... and for entrusting her care to Barb and me for a few days a week.  I'm thankful for the joy she brings with her smiles, those two new little teeth, her giggles, her raspberries, and her obvious interest in music.

I'm thankful for people a lot smarter than me that dedicate their lives to the medical profession, that help those of us that face physical challenges get healthy again.  This year I'm especially thankful for skilled surgeons.

I'm thankful that, despite the extremely rare November F4 tornado that laid waste to hundreds of homes of my friends and neighbors in Washington, East Peoria, and Pekin., there was only one fatality.  I'm thankful that it is a God-fearing community, and that so many were probably saved because they were in church when that monster storm hit.  I'm thankful I have a warm home and a comfortable bed of my own in this cold and snow when so many don't.

I'm thankful for the meaningful work You provided all these years, and now retirement.  I'm thankful for a new passion for salvaging urban trees for better uses and for a second career as a sawyer.

I'm thankful for a whole new set of friends on the Forestry Forum.  I'm thankful for showing me that there are so many good people who go out of their way to help others, and that it's not about how much we get for ourselves, but how much we share our time, treasures, and talents with friend and stranger alike.

Mostly I'm thankful for The One who loves us unconditionally, even when we turn away.  I'm thankful for an immaculate birth; a life's work that demonstrated for all of us the ultimate in love, humility, and servitude; and a death that brings hope for better things to come for those of us that don't deserve it. 

Merry Christmas, all.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

thecfarm

My list is kinda like yours,but you made it sound a whole lot better than I ever could!!
Merry Christmas
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Since I have been sorta nurse, housekeeper, poor cook, caregiver, etc. for the past 5 weeks, I know for sure what I am thankful for.   smiley_love  I have been truly blessed for over 50 years.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chickenchaser

Quote from: SawyerBrown on December 19, 2013, 09:34:02 PM
If you'll indulge me ... and I hope you'll all think about your own list this next week.

Sawyer - I'll indulge you. Again and again, if you like. 

You get into some deeper water there toward the end...   smiley_thumbsup

A Wonderful and Safe Christmas to All here on The Forestry Forum

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

ND rancher

Sawyer, that is a great list to be thankful for!    I'm mostly thankful for more time with my wife.
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Chuck White

I'm thankful that both of my sons are out of the Persian Gulf region, retired after 20 years service, and back home out of harms way.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Deese

There are many things I am thankful for....
Including this little fella  :)

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

chickenchaser

DEESE! GET THAT BOY SOME CLOTHES ON! DON'T YOU KNOW IT'S ALMOST WINTERTIME.... ;)
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

Deese

Quote from: chickenchaser on December 20, 2013, 10:15:44 AM
DEESE! GET THAT BOY SOME CLOTHES ON! DON'T YOU KNOW IT'S ALMOST WINTERTIME.... ;)

He's in training to be the next Paul Bunyan.  cut_tree splitwood_smiley Gotta toughen him up  ;D

That pic was taken a while back...when it was a bit warmer.  ;D  He's starting to crawl a little now. I'm one proud papa smiley_really_happy
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

SawyerBrown

Aw, what a cute little guy!  Looks like he's going to be a singer.   ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Jim_Wahl

I'd like to mention that I am thankful for all of you folks. Even though most of you don't know me, I know you, and feel like you're my best friends. I'm also thankful for Jeff and the way he brought us all together. That has to be darn near miraculous!

Merry Christmas and happy and prosperous new year to all.
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

submarinesailor

Quote from: Chuck White on December 20, 2013, 10:05:54 AM
retired after 20 years service, and back home out of harms way.

Chuck - to you and your boys.  The old Senior Chief says "Thank you for your service".  And yes, them being home is something to be thankful for.

Bruce

Chuck White

Really appreciate the thanks Bruce!

It even means more coming from someone like you, thank you for your service too!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: submarinesailor on December 20, 2013, 01:37:03 PM
Quote from: Chuck White on December 20, 2013, 10:05:54 AM
retired after 20 years service, and back home out of harms way.

Chuck - to you and your boys.  The old Senior Chief says "Thank you for your service".  And yes, them being home is something to be thankful for.

Bruce

+1 from  an old Chief Petty Officer.

Herb

Chuck White

You guys are going to get me going!

Thanks

Stephen1

the list is so nice it is hard to add to.
I am thankful for being able to live my life to the fullest.
Merry Christmas to All!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Busy Beaver Lumber

Definitely thankful for my wife and 5 girls and now 6 grand children. They are the reason for virtually every effort I make in life and support me all the way. :)
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!