iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just Before Dark

Started by etat, May 27, 2004, 08:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

Just before dark was out workin on the house.  Wife says she's had enough for a day.  Ok says I.  Next thing I know she's coming around the porch with a fishing pole.  Next thing I know she's using 'loaf bread' for bait.  I tell her.  That ain't a gonna stay on yer hook.  She tells me, I'm a gonna catch me a mess of fish.  

So, I sat down in my rocking chair on the porch and watch.  Sure enough, them little fish is knocking that loaf bread off that hook.  

There's some aluminum foil there by the grill, and I hollar at her to come here and bring her loaf bread.  I made some balls out of a few pieces and wrapped it in aluminum foil, leaving just enough opening around the hook that the bread can be seen, and smelled.  Now, I ain't 'never' tried his before, but you know how it is sometimes when you just get that feeling.  

Within about 30 minutes she's done caught us a nice little supper!   Now as I said, this whole time I was a sitting in my rocking chair, sanding a piece of walnut.  BUT, I just had to take a picture. Tomorrow night we's a gonna have catfish, hushpuppies, and cole slaw!!!!! 8) 8) 8)  Don't know if it was the bait or the hat or a combination of the two! ;D ;D ;D

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

DanG

I've caught a BUNCH of fish on dough balls made from light bread. Never had no trouble keepin'em on the hook, unless they was dried out.  Gotta keep yer bread fresh. ;)

Thats a mighty nice stringer of catfish. Ya gonna have some grits with it, too? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

etat

It twas brim that kept pecking that bread off a that hook!!

You know, I actually never tried grits with catfish!!! ;D

Usually just batter em up and season em a bit and deep fry them and some taters and some hush puppies with a bit a cole slaw on the side.  Oh, and plenty of ketchup!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Patty

Whoa!  :o    Mrs Tate knows how to catch a very nice string of fish!  They even look good enough to eat.   So, since she caught them ,do you clean em & cook em, CK?  ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Haytrader

Check this site out.
It has lots of fish in it.
Takes a while to load but is worth the wait.

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1483260750
Haytrader

etat

Patty, ya putting a lot a pressure on me here!!!!  Actually she, her name is Kim not Mrs Tate, cleaned the fish.  I offered to but she said "Nah, I've got it", and if there's one thing in this world I've learned it would be to NOT argue with a woman with a knife!!!!

I actually sorta hate to go fishing with her cause she don't ever act right when fishing.  You never heard such hollarin and hoopin and yanking  and jerking in yer life as that woman does when she's fishin!  But the worst thing is, she don't fish FAIR, she always cheats!!!!!  I'll have to say, sittin on that front porch watching sure was fun though!!! :)

Jeff

I dont think the FF hat helped, but Kim sure helps the hat look good!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

Patty and I went fishing on the sound near Seattle some years back. She outfished every guy on that boat. I got skunked and she caught two nice ones. Since they went in the same freezer I didn't mind too much. :D

Tell Kim that I'm jealous of that nice stringer of fish she has there, they look to be flatheads if I see right. Made my stomach growl to think of em breaded and deepfat fried. :)

etat

I don' t know Jeff,sure am glad I'm totally innocent on that ;D,  I'm thinking that Forestry Forum hat was kinda lucky.  She caught them fish is less than thirty minutes, hollarin and whooopin the whole time!!  Best quickest catch all year in that pond. I can't wait to wear mine fishing.  Was thinking after that after I win that LogRite contest 'at least I HOPE I win' ;D and get me a good cant hook I could use some a these for bait and wear MY hat and catch a BIG UN!!!!!!  And Jeff, thanks, them are REALLY great looking hats.  I was impressed with the quality too!!!!   8) 8) 8)

Been thinking about something  too.  I think it'd be a good idea to try something different on this 'Log :Drite' contest.  Let me give you some Ideas.......um.........brainstorm!!!!......Hey, How about making the contest about something unusual like 'ROOFING:..... ::) :D

I'll even make up the questionnaire for you!!!!!!  AND PROMISE not to look at the answers!!!!!!!! :D

Norm, them's channel cat.  I pun 1800 of em in there and 450 hybrid brim.  They boil the water when ya feed em and sure are fun catching and good eating!!!!!

DanG

Ya ain't never had grits with catfish??   ::) ???  Just where is your head at, Boy? :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

etat

Well Papaw Dan. to tell ya the truth it seems that during the course of my existance I've been asked that lots a times!!!!! :D  You'll be happy to know that I did look fer it earlier today, and found it right under my cap!!! ;D  Now if I could just find my screwdriver!!!! :)

Swede

Eeeeh...........grits´n fish. :o

I have a customer makig doughnuts. Sometimes I stop there and buy a box from him. He use to ask: Do you want them filled with apple, vanilla or shrimps?  ;)

I always ask for "ansjovis" (tinned sprats cured in brine) but get them filled with raspberry jam.  :D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Thank You Sponsors!