iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ford Pick-up F150

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 17, 2013, 08:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I just saw on the news where Ford sells a F-150 pick-up every 42 seconds.

That's smoking!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

petefrom bearswamp

Couldn't resist this one it should start something, being a gm guy myself.
"There's one born every minute"(42 seconds)
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

DDDfarmer

Does that mean there is a ford truck quiting every 42 seconds? ;D  Just needs to be replaced 8) 

Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

loggah

jeep wagoners and ford pickups ,most common vehicles in the junkyard where i shear scrap !!!! ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

pineywoods

Ford country where I live. Likely at least half of the vehicles on the road are ford pickups. I drive a dodge, because ford wouldn't build me a pickup with a cummins diesel.  ::) BTW, look up the meaning of "dodge". Webster says "to avoid".   
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

SawyerBrown

A number of years ago Chevy did a commercial in a little barber shop that my Dad (and us boys) used for years when I was growing up.  It was in Piper City, IL ... Ford County ... and of course their angle was, even in Ford county they preferred Chevy's.

The main reason I bought a Chevy is because the bed rails are lower than on the competitors, so it's easy to get stuff on the bed floor.  The others, especially the bigger trucks, you've gotta be 6'6" or better (I'm 6'2"), carry a stepladder, or climb in from the back ....  Overall, though, they've all done a fantastic job in improving quality, rust-proofing, drivetrain performance and durability, mileage, etc in my humble opinion.  Now it's more about the little things.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SawyerBrown

Quote from: pineywoods on December 17, 2013, 12:07:17 PM
I drive a dodge, because ford wouldn't build me a pickup with a cummins diesel. 

Piney, you might be interested in the fact that when I worked at Cat, probably 10 years or more ago now we put a Cat 3126 (7.2L) engine in a Dodge dually. It was shoe-horned in there (longer than the Cummins), could barely get the valve cover off, but was it a monster of a performer!  The day I took it for a test drive, we were merging onto a 4-lane to go up a long 2-3% grade, and basically the identical truck with the V10 gas pulled around to pass, but I said to heck with that!  So I put her to the floor and out-accelerated him up the hill until we hit about 90 MPH, when I hit the governor limit and ran out of rev's and he passed me.  But he was all smiles as he passed -- we'd put a Cat logo on the side, and I suspect he knew what we were up to.  Alas, that truck was a one-and-only ....
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

thecfarm

I know that Chevy is better than Ford. I was told that all the time at work. But could never figure out when I went by the Chevy dealers why they need a 12 bay garage if no one EVER has problems with them.  ::)
I drive what ever I got my hands at the time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

brendonv

Or why the government needed to help them.

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

thecfarm

Did them Chevy weasels ever paid that money back?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

I believe Dodge did, don't think GM has fully, yet.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Sixacresand

I need a new 42 seconds worth. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Sonofman

First
   On
   Race
   Day
Located due west of Due West.

Dave Shepard

Remember Ford guys, this is all in good fun. ;)

Found
On
Russian
Dump

This one, however, is at a Massachusetts dump:

I hope they smash it into a million-billion pieces. :D

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Sonofman on December 17, 2013, 08:17:24 PM
   First
   On
   Race
   Day

You ask Jimmy Jonson whoooos the best  ;D 6 times over  :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Dave Shepard

First, I'll have to ask you who Jimmy Johnson is. :D

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

i ask myself everyday why do i drive a ford? my answer is i must have very low expectations. :( finally my next one (used only) aint going to be ford.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

ancjr

From the day I got my license  never been without a Ford as a daily driver.  Parts and labor are cheper than the depreciation on Dodge/GM.  ;)

turnkey

Best pickup I ever had?  1989 F150 2x 6 stick (still have it). Worst truck?  1968 f150 6 2x stick -  Close call with at 1962 chev 6 2x stick.

Every company builds good trucks, every company has built a dog.

Harry K

kiko

1999 F250. 385k,  2000 F550 318k,  2003 F250 287K,  2004 F150 158k. Need I say more?

Red Good

I hear the new Fords are going to come with a heated tailgate so the owners hands will be warm whan they get home .
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

justallan1

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 17, 2013, 09:23:37 PM
Quote from: beenthere on December 17, 2013, 09:07:51 PM
Races NASCAR in a Ford?

No. keep trying you have two more :D
Shoot, I guess I'm behind the times. I thought he was a football coach. ;D

Allan