iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thinking of buying a Peterson ATS

Started by yarnammurt, December 15, 2013, 10:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarnammurt

I have found a Peterson ATS with 27hp engine and the 21" blade. It comes with 27' rails, slabber bar, extra blade. It has 150hr on the mill. They seam to be good mills. any thoughts.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

firefighter

dgdrls

I own a Lucas Swingmill.

The Petersons are dandy units also, Just be certain you understand its capabilities and strength's
It's not like a band mill. 

Good luck

DGDrls

Ianab

The mills are great, but like DGDrls says, they do work differently to other mill designs. Sometimes this is a plus, sometimes a limitation. But with a slabber option, there isn't much that you wont be able to do.

What's "best" often depends on someone's particular circumstances. Have you seen one of these run in person? They are pretty easy to operate, but there are a lot tricks that you can pick up over time that make life easier.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

yarnammurt

I have not seen one in person. I have watched a lot of video. I think it will work great for me.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

Thank You Sponsors!