iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 360 skidder what can you tell me about them?

Started by logman81, December 12, 2013, 10:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

There is a timberjack 360 grapple skidder for sale in my area that I'm looking into. I was wondering if any one knows anything about them.
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

logman81

Autocar

Ive been around them for years thats a popular size timberjack in my area, good dependable machines all of them here have six cylinder cummins in them. I can't see how you can go wrong with one.
Bill

logman81

David-L

Good motor, What type of planetaries are they. They don't look familiar. Other wise, is it tight, cradle, center. Drain oil from the planetaries if they let you, shifts good etc. Transfer sound good as well as tranny.

David
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

treeslayer2003

look like eaton rears. I thought the 300 series where all power shift?
that's a nice lookin skidder by the way....that type grapple holds better imo.

logman81

I don't know much about them that's why I'm asking if any one knows about them.

logman81

I got some one very interested in buying my c 5 so I need to know as much about it as I can. I looked it over and I couldn't fined one leak . The owner wasn't around to talk to but I'll get a hold of him some how.

PAFaller

Thats a one of a kind 360 if it is a 360. The 360, 460 560 and 660 series timberjacks were made mid 90s to mid 2000s before TJ was bought by john deere and all were green and yellow. If you look on a site like machinery trader once in a while you will see them mixed and matched. I have never seen one like that. Truthfully it looks like a 240 frame converted to a grapple. Not saying it isnt what it is, Ive just never seen one. Back in the time of the 200 series TJ made a 330? I believe that had some sort of auto transmission. Could be that too.
It ain't easy...

ga jones

Ya I would think its a 330 or 404. It looks like a centered cab unlike the 200 series is offset.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

logman81

I'm not sure I'm only going by the badge on the machine says eaten timberjack 360. Looks to be all factory made? If it's not factory someone did one heck of a nice job putting it together!

treeslayer2003

I saw a 380 looked just like that. I think it is factory and if its power shift...all the better.

Neilo

The 300 series TJ was introduced around 1970 and includes the 325, 330 and 360. Then latter the 350 and 380.

Going off the badges, I guess this one is mid to late '70s. The model is a 360GPGE. Factory with the 4-53, Allison TTB 2220-1 powershift. If it has rockwell axles, it is a 360GPG

ga jones

Nelio where do you get that info? Is there a book available with it? I would like to have one.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

logman81

Ya I would also like to know where you got the info good stuff! So is this skidder a good one to have?

timbco68

That grapple isn't a tj grapple but appears to be off of a john deere.Either a 548e or 648e.Someone adapted just the grapple but not the dual arch booms off a deere.

logman81

I thought it looked different, that would explain why their was a deere arch sitting next to it on the ground. So my guess is they upgraded to a better grapple and went through the machine at the same time.

treeslayer2003

I am not a deere guy even though I have one. however I see the grapple as an improvement and thought about it myself.

logman81

Maine logger88

Does that machine have a winch as well as the grapple
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

logman81

treeslayer2003

coxy

one more thing I think on the 300 series the blades were not hooked to the front cradle  but to the main frame    wright   I think

logman81

logman81

Still trying to track down the owner of it , I won't give up just yet!

logman81

Well the guy finally called me, told me he's really not into selling has to much into it. Does have new motor trans pins bushings totally gone through. I offered him  $12 k but not interested at least I know now.

beenthere

Well, at least now ya know. On to bigger, better things.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logman81

96 logger

logman81, I run a 330 tj. it has a 353 Detroit diesel and an Allison automatic powershift transmission. unlike most jacks, the seat is centered, it has the auto trans, and the blade is  hooked to the frame and not the front axle. I am 99% sure that skidder u posted is a 360, the 360's were about the same size as the 330's but they had bigger engines and some of them had grapples.
-96 logger

Thank You Sponsors!