iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Mill's on Its Way

Started by Corley5, December 10, 2013, 06:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I bought Fla._Deadheader 's mill the end of August and have been waiting on trucking ever since.  I know a guy who hauls hay right by Vero Beach and he was gong to get it on a backhaul.  Well it's coming back on a backhaul from Christmas Trees instead.  It was loaded this morning and is on its way to its new home.  I don't know if it'll show up tomorrow or the next day but it's on the road  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  I would've liked to have had it much sooner so I could have played with it before winter but I really didn't have time this past fall anyway.  It'll be sitting in the barn pretty soon now  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Nomad

From what I've heard that's a pretty special mill.  Congrats! 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Chuck White

Congratulations on getting a new (to you) mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Real glad to hear that you found a home for FDH's mill.  8)

Good that it is getting close.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Filling the barn back up again.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Fla._Deadheader

It's good to know Greg will take good care of Homey.  I have been getting tempted to go back to the river for one more season. Now, that temptation is gone.

Total tech support is only a phone call or a PM on this site, if Greg ever needs assistance. Everything about Homey is off the shelf, so, he should have no problem finding things if need be.

Good luck, Greg.  8)

PS, for all you guys that still watch "Ax Men", The Chapman Pontoon boat from Florida, is working nearly the same stretch of the St. John's River we were on, and, the "Governor of Palatka", Roger Gunter, is the guy that helped us locate logs and took Greg on the airboat ride of his life, dodging gators and tree limbs.  :D :D :D

Note that Chapman nearly lost a diver a couple weeks ago, for, as the Governor says, You better start using your head on this river. The governor went and got the diver out of a giant fish trap, that has been abandoned in the river for years, draped with trot-lines, old netting, etc. He was nearly out of air and panicking. No place for that in diving. Chapman says it is the most dangerous river in Fl. Notice the nice clear vision of the water.  ::) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Corley5

Corley5

The first episode they were on the St. John's I thought I recognized the Gov.  :)  That was a great ride that day on the Ocklawaha :) 8) 8)  Better than any theme park ride  :) :)  We saw gators both big and small.  There was concern about momma gator being in the area when we saw the little ones  :)  The Gov wasn't afraid to put that boat anywhere he wanted to go.  He had a saw in the back to cut trees out of the channels if needed.  That was his version of a 4wd  :) :) :)

WmFritz

Better find a warm blanket for Homey.
He won't know what hit him coming from Florida to zero degree temps up here. :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Corley5

Yup, It's gonna be a real climate shock for it  :) ;D

bigred1951

did you sell your corley mills yet

Corley5

MRowsh

Congratulations.  Enjoy it in good health.
LogMaster LM2 with Kubota V1305 Diesel conversion.
There is a price for everything in life!!!  No free lunches!
Retired US Army.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Corley5 on December 10, 2013, 06:34:15 PM
I would've liked to have had it much sooner so I could have played with it before winter.....

Greg, I thought that all ya'll had was winter.  :D

Congratulations on your new toy!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

I see Wolverine schools are closed this morning. Good thing Homey ain't there yet or he might have got covered up by the Michigan Lake effect machine. You out blowing snow Greg? 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

I just walked in the door from plowing with the Bobcat.  It's 12.5 degrees and snowing fairly hard and steady.  After I have some lunch and thaw out a bit I've got to meet the log truck and then I'm going to put the plow on Ole Blue.  The heater ain't much in it but it's better than an open cab  ;D ;D.  Sounds like tomorrow's going to be carbon copy of today weather wise so I'll have to plow again.  I haven't heard anything from the truck on the mill delivery.   

Corley5

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 11, 2013, 08:49:54 AM
Quote from: Corley5 on December 10, 2013, 06:34:15 PM
I would've liked to have had it much sooner so I could have played with it before winter.....

Greg, I thought that all ya'll had was winter.  :D

Congratulations on your new toy!

We get a couple months of poor sledding  ;) :D

WmFritz

Quote from: Corley5 on December 11, 2013, 12:39:20 PM
I just walked in the door from plowing with the Bobcat.  It's 12.5 degrees and snowing fairly hard and steady.   

I saw a forwarder getting moved northbound on 75, just south of Vanderbilt around noon today. The highway was no picnic, completely glazed over, too cold for salt and snowing about an inch an hour at that time. A couple minutes behind him was a load of logs. Not sure if they were traveling together but, when I saw them, I thought what a good day to be sitting next the wood stove.  fire_smiley
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Corley5

I was out in it all day except to thaw out for a while around noon.  At three I flagged down the forwarder to fuel it up and told Cody I'd had enough and was going home to warm up and told him he should too especially since I was  ;) ;D  He was gonna get another load  ;) :)  By the time the tank was full he decided he'd had enough too  8) 8)  The snow's knee deep in the woods now with another 3-6" possible tonight. 

Corley5

I just talked to the driver and sometime midday tomorrow it'll be delivered  8) 8) 8) 8)

Fla._Deadheader

Hah. He told ED be there in less than 2 days.  ::) ;D :D :D  How are the roads north of Florida ?  :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Deese

QuoteHow are the roads north of Florida ?  :D

They are just fine here in AL :D :D :D
Although it is going to be in the 20's tonight ;D
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

SawyerBrown

Congrats on the new mill, Corley5!

I had to go to GoogleMaps to see where Wolverine was.  You're probably one of only a few US guys to say you're north of Canada!   :D

Sending more snow your way!

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Corley5

It's here  8) 8)  I took pics of the unloading process with my phone.  I'm not sure how they turned out as my phone went dead shortly thereafter and is charging now  :) 

Thank You Sponsors!