iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

interesting ads

Started by shootingarts, December 09, 2013, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootingarts

Just some interesting ad's I've seen recently:

A 210cc Stihl saw. Don't get too impressed about this one yet.

A 8000cc Echo saw. Gonna take a man to run that puppy, maybe a couple men!

Someone has started an ad recently describing the Stihl 070-090 clone honestly and offering it with green or orange plastic for $795. Not commenting anything about that other then "interesting" that someone is trying to market it honestly.

I perked up when I saw an 028 Super for sale for $75. Powerhead only, needs piston and cylinder. Might look if it was in my back yard, 75 miles each way in a thirsty Dodge pick-up removes the last tiny bit of interest.

Then there was this ad recently posted:

(included text)
I am selling a one month old Stihl MS311 chainsaw. This is one of Stihl's more powerful models making 4.2 horsepower and sports a 20" Rollomatic solid steel GERMAN bar (the good one) and RS3 71 chain. This saw has only 5 tanks of gas through it and is not yet broken in. It was purchased from Xxxxxx chainsaw in Xxxxburg. The saw has been gently used and impeccably maintained as are all my tools. I am selling this saw because shortly after purchasing it, my wife surprised me with a Stihl MS362 for my birthday and I no longer have a need for the 311. Serious offers only please.
(end included text)

I have to wonder how many offers he has already received, for the wife! I'm a little older and more cautious these days, before making an offer I asked a question: "Can she cook?" Haven't heard back yet.

Hu

DDDfarmer

395 husqvarna chainsaw   4 months old never use it 850 firm or trade for a 270 bolt action rifle must be in excelent cond prefer wood stock

husqvarna 272 chainsaw mint condition 72 cc of pure power    a great Husqvarna chainsaw for sale

this series of saw is one of the very best of Husqvarna chainsaws ever made.

this saw has been rebuilt from the bearings out.

has a sleeper recoil cover to fool your friends in friendly saw contest. (has 11cc more under the hood that what the recoil tells folks)

Mint condition . no broken/crack parts

If used and maintained properly this saw will last a lifetime of cutting.

one homelite410 chainsaw runs good good shape 2 pioneer older saws one for parts to be sold together one small red chainsaw unsure of make ideal for camping cottage use email me for info and pics and can negotiate on price or trade  175 for the 410 homelite and 300$ for the lot email for indivdual price on others

There was a 570 or 576 for a while new bearings, piston, jug, if I remember right.  Less than a year old and around 800-850. 

Usually in Jan-Feb saws and tools get posted.  Christmas bills came in I guess.
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

CTYank

About the DIN power rating, like for Stihl, some say that means "Deutschland Invented Number."

Talk about inflation!
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

sablatnic

Makita chainsaw, used for 3 months. Slightly defective because of incorrect oil mixture. New price 1000$. Now only 300$.

shootingarts

Quote from: sablatnic on December 16, 2013, 12:37:58 AM
Makita chainsaw, used for 3 months. Slightly defective because of incorrect oil mixture. New price 1000$. Now only 300$.

Their "slightly defective" sounds a lot like "a little bit pregnant"!

Hu

Al_Smith

I think with unrealistic prices on flea bay the Craigs listers and some  on internet forums arrive at some of those prices .

Febuary by the way is the time all the scrap dealers dump thier inventories and usually scrap prices are the highest of the year .It's also the time perspective home sellers panic and realestate prices are really opened to negotiation .Money talks and bull---walks.

shootingarts

Quote from: Al_Smith on December 16, 2013, 10:08:22 AM
I think with unrealistic prices on flea bay the Craigs listers and some  on internet forums arrive at some of those prices .

Febuary by the way is the time all the scrap dealers dump thier inventories and usually scrap prices are the highest of the year .It's also the time perspective home sellers panic and realestate prices are really opened to negotiation .Money talks and bull---walks.

February is the toughest month of the year pretty much regardless of the business you are in. Maybe some businesses get some first of the year cash for departments and that helps January but it is tough. February is the pits. Make it through February and things start getting better all through the year until you take the back to school hit if you don't get any of that business. Thanksgiving to Christmas can be a little tough if you don't catch that market.

I have always been glad February was a short month. Can't understand leap years myself, February is the last month I would add a day to. Nasty weather, poor economy, if the people making calendars were smart at all they would add a day to late May or early June instead of February! It's an extra day anyway, make it a Saturday or Sunday so we have an extra day to fish.

Hu

Ward Barnes

While searching flee bay I saw a saw listed as new.  The price was almost $100.00 more than retail and shipping was higher than expected.  I quarried the seller who happened to be a dealer for that saw brand about the price.  His reply, "call us and we will answer your question".

I did not call.

God Bless, Ward and Mary.
7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

Thank You Sponsors!