1270d

MUDDY

nedly,
me too

yep its a 544

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

thecfarm

In all the times I have been out in the woods I have never found any sheds. I have seen blood in the snow and tried to found them but had no luck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tree Killer

I 've only seen them still attached lol. Two bull elk are hidding in the fog between the  log piles .

beenthere

QuoteI have seen blood in the snow

Not sure that the antlers bleed when they are shed.
My understanding is they are dried off and just like bone.
New growth activity in the head squeezes the old antlers off.

When sawing off antlers from a harvested buck, there is no blood.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

All I know there was blood. Not alot,but more than enough to track. Kinda looked like it was just dripping a little.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

yes they will bleed a little       the first shed I found was in my skidder tire  :o ??? what are the odds of that  should have played the loto that day  my friend and I was turkey hunting and found the sheds of a 13 pointer  the horns were about 10 ft apart  and what a nice light they made

nedly05

They definitely bleed a little, not much, but enough to follow. Finding sheds is almost as much fun as getting a buck for me!

M_S_S

Shed hunting is a pretty popular sport in my area. Both for mule deer and elk. I prefer to find them still attached lol. Hard to eat the horns . ED
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

clww

How long did it take you to find all those sheds?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: clww on December 07, 2013, 09:35:24 PM
How long did it take you to find all those sheds?

Somebody building a shed again?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I once found a bloody shed that apparently was very freshly dropped. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MUDDY

I've found a few antlers that had a bloody pedicle(base) on them. My theory behind it is the antler was not quite ready to fall off on its own and was knocked off the deers head. Just a theory tho...

clww
we found those in five or six days

MUDDY

Another work shed from this spring

Thank You Sponsors!