iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NZ girl making it big.

Started by Ianab, December 07, 2013, 03:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFasFq4GJYM

4 Grammy nominations for this NZ teenager.

QuoteProducer Joel Little, who is nominated alongside Lorde for Royals, tweeted his disbelief:

"A song that Ella & I made to give away for free just got nominated for 3 Grammys, & the album got one too. Whaat. So proud of @lordemusic"

I'm not usually a fan of pop music, but when you actually listen to the lyrics, it's more of a parody of the music/pop star industry. And quite a clever and catch tune.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

That sounds like a welcome change from what has become the "normal", and I wish her the best.  Some of the stuff I do not ever recognize as music, just noise.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Being an old D.J. from the past, I can see why the song is being nominated of a Grammy. The lyrics, music and voice are outstanding.
However....the video seems a little lacking.

Good post.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ianab

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 07, 2013, 05:48:11 PM
Being an old D.J. from the past, I can see why the song is being nominated of a Grammy. The lyrics, music and voice are outstanding.
However....the video seems a little lacking.

Good post.

I suspect that the minimalist video is actually deliberate, it certainly fits in with the song lyrics. I also suspect it was done with pretty much a zero budget. It was made before she had become known overseas, and was just a local radio and youtube thing.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

She has a voice though.....and I think a bright future. $$$$$$

Jeff

I love the puddles version.  8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Offthebeatenpath

I just came home from buying this CD for my niece for Christmas.  She's gathering quite a following among youngsters here...
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

Cutting Edge

Another "Royals" cover.  A person needs headphones or hooked into external speakers.  Laptop speakers don't do this group justice..your ears will Thank You! 

Simply amazing it's 100% acapella! w/ 5 voices.  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9XQ2MdNgKY
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That's talent. Just don't seem like the voices go with some of the faces.....but they do. Very Talented!

Cutting Edge

Yes, IMO the Pentatonix rhythm section (the 2 guys doing "beat box" and bass) have broken the rule book on what the human voice is capable of. 

You outta hear them sing the National Anthem.  Awesome would be an understatement.  I can only imagine what Amazing Grace would sound like.
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

beenthere

Feed those voices through the electronic mixers, blenders, synthesizers, .. etc. and what comes out is not the original voice. Don't know how much was done here, but sounds like plenty. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!